Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

2 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Well, which one is the Jar Jar Binks of  planes, that could come ? 🤔

Pretty much anything French (apart from the wonderful Mirage and Mystere, of course) ;) 

F.120 Jabiru or the Bleriot 125?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

How about a Nieuport-Delage Type 37?

Well with their current releases of bonkers aeroplanes I've never heard of  (I don't know what they're smoking) but I wouldn't rule out Dick Dastardly's aeroplane with resin Muttley in 2023 TBF 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Actual fact- the Gunbus replica for this epic we bought at Sywell it weighed a flipping ton as it was made out of box section- it was bought as set dressing for an events hangar but was so blooming heavy… photos exist of me ‘flying’ it whilst extremely drunk and falling out of the gunners  cockpit onto a table. Shortly afterwards it was sold to Spitfire Spares who I believe still own it 🙂

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/8/2022 at 5:28 PM, lasermonkey said:

Personally, I wish they’d not concentrate on fancy boxings and do more in the way of basic releases. 

I know you can get overtrees directly from the manufacturer, but this is only cost effective if you can afford to buy a bunch of them, which kinda defeats the point for me.

They're still a small company for whom every set of moulds is a big outlay and financial risk so I can't blame them for trying to milk every set of moulds to maximise return on investment (both money and skills) - and make money for new subjects.

Agree with you: I find buying overtrees rarely cost-effective because P&P are crippling unless you're buying industrial quantities.

• Like 2

Griffon Spits, primarily a definitive XIV of the same calibre as what they have already done. Spitfire Vb/c would also be nice as a compliment to Eduard’s VIII/IX’s. I have a sizeable stash of Arma kits and will be starting on a collection of Hurricanes soon. I finally received the P-51 B/C and Ki-84 last week and would like to continue the collection. Whatever comes up, I am sure to be pleased with. Waiting patiently…

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 4

This is a quote from Arma Hobby's June - July Newsletter: "The September surprise will be officially revealed in the second half of August, after the end of the pre-order of the other anniversary set." The Dieppe set is still listed as a pre-order on armahobby.com, but it says that delivery will start 19th of August. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think they are waiting till 19/08 to announce that the have started shipping Dieppe Combo and then reveal THE new 1/72 model.

It is 13 pages about it already  without even knowing what that will be. That beats Airfix's New Year wish list me thinks 🤪

• Like 3

On 8/14/2022 at 9:48 AM, GioCare said:

http://soyuyo.main.jp/top2.htm

A P40B/C tomahawk could be a surprise, a kind of surprise MrThompson defines 

I think AH uses info from that source when no other sources are available, not a rule.

Jumpei Temma is his name and his webpagexis Wings of Pegasus- link below!

soyuyo.main.jp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

It seems that you guys don’t want it to be a Spitfire and I don’t want it to be a Spitfire though for different reasons. 

Oh do tell! 😉

Not too fussed if it was a Vb, but if it turned out to be a Mk XIV, I'd be all over it. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Oh do tell! 😉

Not too fussed if it was a Vb, but if it turned out to be a Mk XIV, I'd be all over it. 

I think that the new Arma kits are too expensive. Twenty quid for a single engined WW2 fighter? Jog on!

But! But! Photo etch! (hate it) Canopy masks! (fair enough, *if* they’re Kabuki tape. Vinyl is worse than useless and I resent paying for it and I’m still paying for the PE I won’t use.) We’re always made to wait for the junior editions and they always seem harder to find. Ant it would still cost me over twenty quid to get it to my door, even with the best discounts. Nah, I’m out.