Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

"Nice" you say? Have you ever tried to build it? It is also waiting in my stash, because there is no better VK-107-engined Yak on the 1:72 market.

Certainly better than (this time we are talking about the VK-105-engined variants) the Airfix -9D, but not as good as the Valom -7B/-7DI.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KRK4m said:

"Nice" you say? Have you ever tried to build it? It is also waiting in my stash, because there is no better VK-107-engined Yak on the 1:72 market.

Certainly better than (this time we are talking about the VK-105-engined variants) the Airfix -9D, but not as good as the Valom -7B/-7DI.

Cheers

Michael

I've built the Amodel Yak-9U and Yak-9P kits a couple of times, but to do it properly, you have to relocate the wings rearward by about 3mm. The radiator (which is molded as part of the undersurface of the wings) needs to stay in its original location, so it has to be sawed off and moved forward 3mm after you relocate the wings! There's a build thread about this on scalemodels.ru for which I could post a link if anyone cares, but fascinating as it is, this has no relevance to Arma Hobby's new release, I'm afraid.

John

• Like 3

Hi all,

After reading this threat and considering information given by Arma my two cents of this discussion.

VVS Hurricane was shelfed at the current situation so it is likely not a Soviet type.

Looking after tha latest subjects chosen by Arma profiling will result subjects, that are very popular but not ver well served. There are possibility to produce both more accurate and more detailed model than what has been available. Four of the latest types are all famous WWII fighters.

As much as I would love WWI aircraft like in injection totally forgot DFW CV, Caudrons etc. which I believe have Polish connection I don’t believe the secret project been one of these. So far there have been Fokker DVIII but several WWII types after it. Arma has the sales figures of the Fokker and no Great War subjects after that. Same can be said with the Iskra and post-war types too.

Polish connection would match for example Morane 406, Caudron 714, Fairey Battle and likely many more types I don’t know. Of those my bet goes to MS 406/410 with widest user base and lack of the state-of-the-art kit of the type. Decent is not good enough ;)

Current types lead me to think either fabric-wing Hurricane or Allison-Mustang to fill current or published families.

There are no WWII German types from Arma yet. Both Bf 109s and FW 190s are very competed subject with very good to excellent kits already on the market or coming in the hopefully not too distant future. I have been wondering lack of other frontline types than fighters or bombers. There are no a modern tool Fieseler Storch at all or Hs 126 etc. are could be better served. But they are not fighters…

If the type continues the Pacific theme P-39 Airacobra could be a possible candidate of the US types. Wildcat they already have, Eduard Hellcat is available so also P-47 or Vought Corsair could be bettered. Buffalo or Curtiss Hawk are too marginal. Tomahawk would fill the gap left behind by Special Hobby later P-40s. Or start of the whole P-40-lineage? After Hayabusa Hayate would be logical choice but would there be two Japanese types after each otherr?

What was said about early Spitfires makes sence.

My "top three" (=wishlist): MS 406, Tomahawk, Corsair) ;)

I suppose that gentlemen at Arma are getting good laughs with this chain in general!

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 5

On 8/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

This is a list of new tool kits released between 2010 and 2022. I think we can consider this period as recent:

• 2012 - Il-2
  • 2016 - F-14A Tomcat
  • 2016 - Ki-61
  • 2017 - Bf 109G-6
  • 2018 - Spitfire I
  • 2019 - P-38F/G
  • 2021 - F-4B Phantom II

Only three of these were also issued in 1/72:

• 2013 - Il-2
  • 2018 - Ki-61
  • 2019 - Bf 109G-6

Tamiya hasn't downsized an F-14 in seven years, and any new kit in 1/72 was released three years ago. It would be nice to see new releases, but at this rate of 1/72 news it will be more of a coincidence than a regular schedule.

Their F-16CJ came out in 2007 and it took them 7 years to release it in 1/72.  So please let me keep hope alive!

(also still waiting for their late P-47D/M, Spitfire IX, etc. etc.).

Arma seems to pick fairly iconic planes that haven't seen a modern mold new release in 15 or so years.  So Spitfire Vc, P-39, P-38, Avenger, Ju-87, etc. would fit the bill.

Edited by ruudster
  • Like 1

Does anybody know when the announcement will be made?

I'm looking to 29th as it's my birthday and right at the end of the month, so anything sooner would be a 'bonus'.

The announcement of a Spitfire XlVe (for reasons given in an earlier post) would make an excellent 'present', to be followed up by test shots at Telford and release at Christmas. 

Dream on.

• Like 3

I've been looking forward to seeing test shots of their inspired choice of F-84F on my birthday at Telford ;) ....... and then I woke. It was simply a wonderful dream :). Of course, their P/F-51D will be out by then... 🤞... and so I can console myself with that :)

• Like 3