Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

6 hours ago, LansVVS said:

that would be the right thing to do 

As much as I would like a Lightning from Arma I think one would have to caution with this as Tamiya potentially doing them soon.  I think outside of the Spitfire (which they already had a kit of in 72) they have downscaled all their other recent prop kits to 72 after a while (Hien, 109, IL-2, Zero).  So I'm hoping their -38 will also get downscaled at some point soon...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flying Pancake said:

they have downscaled all their other recent prop kits to 72 after a while (Hien, 109, IL-2, Zero)

This is a list of new tool kits released between 2010 and 2022. I think we can consider this period as recent:

• 2012 - Il-2
  • 2016 - F-14A Tomcat
  • 2016 - Ki-61
  • 2017 - Bf 109G-6
  • 2018 - Spitfire I
  • 2019 - P-38F/G
  • 2021 - F-4B Phantom II

Only three of these were also issued in 1/72:

• 2013 - Il-2
  • 2018 - Ki-61
  • 2019 - Bf 109G-6

Tamiya hasn't downsized an F-14 in seven years, and any new kit in 1/72 was released three years ago. It would be nice to see new releases, but at this rate of 1/72 news it will be more of a coincidence than a regular schedule.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

This is a list of new tool kits released between 2010 and 2022. I think we can consider this period as recent:

• 2012 - Il-2
  • 2016 - F-14A Tomcat
  • 2016 - Ki-61
  • 2017 - Bf 109G-6
  • 2018 - Spitfire I
  • 2019 - P-38F/G
  • 2021 - F-4B Phantom II

Only three of these were also issued in 1/72:

• 2013 - Il-2
  • 2018 - Ki-61
  • 2019 - Bf 109G-6

Tamiya hasn't downsized an F-14 in seven years, and any new kit in 1/72 was released three years ago. It would be nice to see new releases, but at this rate of 1/72 news it will be more of a coincidence than a regular schedule.

Keyword in my post was 'prop kits' though.  They don't downscale their jet kits for whatever reason (likely since Fine Molds already has done them recently).  Also Tamiya produced/designed the pilot figure for the recent Fine Mold F-4 kit so there is a working relationship there.

1 hour ago, GioCare said:

ok, so tomorrow ArmaHobby will announce the new Spitfire MkVb 

They could certainly use a Spitfire in their lineup, but that's too ordinary to be a big surprise, unless it was a Mk.XIV. Plus I don't think they want to compete with Eduard on Spitfires, but I could be/probably am wrong.

John

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

They could certainly use a Spitfire in their lineup, but that's too ordinary to be a big surprise, unless it was a Mk.XIV. Plus I don't think they want to compete with Eduard on Spitfires, but I could be/probably am wrong.

John

The MkVb is a best seller, more and more than the entire MkXIV family. More decals options, more sub-versions, more potential in a family evolution ( MkI, II, MkVa, MkVc). It's a fact. ArmaHobby has now the opportunity to sell tons of Spitfire MkV, before Eduard makes its own tools . Eduard just before pandemic spoke about its plans and the Spitfire Merlin Family was in 2023 ... but after the 109 Family. Something with Pandemia is changed and the 109 family is delayed to 2023/24 .... so Arma had two years to sell tons of Spit before the arrival of Eduard, if Eduard arrives for 2024 ! It's business.

I'm more interested in an ArmaQuality MiG3, Yak 9P, Yak 9D, Corsair F4U4/5, P38F, Bearcat, etc ... but business is business and business is ordinary.  

Edited by GioCare
  • Like 4

A Spitfire Mk.Va/b/c would be a very welcome kit.  The Tamiya, Airfix, KP, etc. just don't hold up to today's standards.  It's such an important aircraft and there are so many possibilities for markings.  

The Mk.V series served in every corner of the world and by all the Commonwealth countries.  

I think Arma would do a fantastic job of producing a state of the art, Spit V.....and I think they would do very well financially with that release.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 6

Yes, but for all the above reasons, it doesn't qualify as "surprising", does it? I have no horse in this race - if it turns out that it really is a Spitfire Mk.Vb, I'll be delighted for all of you modelbuilders who will be thrilled with it. Fingers crossed here too!!!

John

• Like 4

Does one have the link of that Japanese guys who corrects fotos into flat projection and corrects plans after that ?
The name of the guy is Jumpai or Jenpai or in that direction ... if I recall this correctly

Arma did some kits from those ... we might get better fitting hints than the usual broad speculations from that

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, occa said:

Does one have the link of that Japanese guys who corrects fotos into flat projection and corrects plans after that ?
The name of the guy is Jumpai or Jenpai or in that direction ... if I recall this correctly

Arma did some kits from those ... we might get more fitting hints than the usual broad speculations from that

http://soyuyo.main.jp/top2.htm

A P40B/C tomahawk could be a surprise, a kind of surprise MrThompson defines 

I think AH uses info from that source when no other sources are available, not a rule.

Edited by GioCare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think it could be a biplane as Arma Hobby has never made one before.
What they did do is polish aviation related subjects.

With the exception of the Wildcat and Ki-84 all kits are linked in some way to polish aviation, either aircraft produced in Poland, served in the polish air arm or flown by polish aircrew.

It might be:
-DFW C.V (more than 3000 produced for the imperial German air service - never made in injection molded form in 1/72)
-Halberstadt Cl.II (Ardpol kit is extremely hard to get)
-Hannover Cl.II /III (The Airfix kit is very old now)
-Nieuport 80E2 two seater (no kit I know of)
-A.E.G C.IV (Neglected German two seater)
-Albatros two seater types (B.II,C.X,C.XII)
-LVG C.V (only the Choroszy resin kit)
-Bartel BM-4 or BM-5

I hope it will be the DFW, AEG or the Halberstadt! All are desperately needed.

• Like 2

Thanks, Martin! You can add an accurate Vautour, as the SH kit has a fuselage that is ‘way too fat and the fit is pretty poor- they could have engineered it a lot bettet, but it’s the only one in our scale- wish the late great Gordon Stephens had done one!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cockpit Stephen said:

What they did do is polish aviation related subjects.

With the exception of the Wildcat and Ki-84 all kits are linked in some way to polish aviation, either aircraft produced in Poland, served in the polish air arm or flown by polish aircrew.

It might be ....

Dunno why this keeps coming up, they themselves have announced awhile ago that they won't necessarily do Polish subjects anymore.

• Like 1

Unless you count a boxing with decals for Polish pilots (or RAF units) - like the Mustang III with 315 Sqn markings.

7 hours ago, Mark Copeland said:

A Spitfire Mk.Va/b/c would be a very welcome kit.  The Tamiya, Airfix, KP, etc. just don't hold up to today's standards. 

Bold statement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, occa said:

Dunno why this keeps coming up, they themselves have announced awhile ago that they won't necessarily do Polish subjects anymore.

Lack of attention to what companies communicate, lack of technical analysis of what they do. And to top it all off, wishful thinking. This is virtually the case with every thread about any company's catalogue/news.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cockpit Stephen said:

If Arma has a hankering to do biplanes in 1/72 they couldn’t do much better than to tackle the 1930s Hawker biplanes: Fury, Demon, Hart, Hind, Osprey, Nimrod, Hartebeest, Audax, Hector, and Hardy.

Other options would be the Boeing P-12/F4B series

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

I would not mind a Yak-3U ones flying today with the R-1830 

This can be built hands down using any Yak-11 kit

Cheers

Michael

• Like 4