Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

I found the Sword kit a bit of a challenge in places. Liked the Academy a lot, and with a bit of extra help (ie: lots of bits from the Sword kits I didn't use) ended up with a nice build. Would love to see the Spit XIV lowback get the Arma treatment though. That would be awesome.

Me too.  I didn't like the Sword kit.  Bad fit and weird plastic that didn't react well to cement.  A series of Griffon Spits and maybe Seafires would be awesome. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Denford said:

Does anybody know when in July they will be making their announcement?  We're already at the end of the first week.

Seems to me, if I remember correctly, that the June or July announcement has been postponed until September. Maybe you could contact @Wojtek Bulhak and get him to put you on Arma's newsletter email list.

John

Arma Hobby Newsletter June-July 2022

" Hello,

Summer and weather take their toll on those who don't have a holidays now. I hope that if you haven't left, you have good conditions for building models or other forms of recreation. Our newsletter was delayed by a few days because, at Arma Hobby, we prepare new model kits and implement new technologies. What will it be about today? About the latest e-mail survey, about photo-etched details, and new model kits.

In the end-of-May newsletter, I asked you about photo-etched frets and other accessories from the Expert Set. We received a lot of e-mails from subscribers with answers to these questions, and it took us some time to process them. Thank you very much for your commitment and all the comments that we have carefully analysed.  It is clear that you definitely want painting masks and large decal sheets with multiple marking options included. On the other hand, the photo-etched details evoke mixed feelings among modellers. Among you, there are both enthusiasts and opponents of these extras. Your feedback helped us make a decision. Taking into account your opinions and the fact that in subsequent model kits, we are able to mould better and better details in plastic, we will try to design our new kits so that there is no need to use photo-etched frets and we will rather give up on them.

Forthcoming releases

We keep getting inquiries about new model kits: 1/72 scale fighter planned for September and 1/48 Hurricane IIc prepared right after it. I confirm that the model kits are advanced in preparation, and we are very hopeful that they will be introduced on the given date. The September surprise will be officially revealed in the second half of August, after the end of the pre-order of the other anniversary set, which we will announce in the coming days. And what is this "anniversary set"? It will be the Deluxe Set edition of one of our previous model kits with special additions that we have been experimenting with recently.

What are we doing?

We are currently conducting trials with 3D printing. We check how some details are created, such as exhaust pipes, seats with belts, bombs, etc. In the next Deluxe Set, including two Expert-Set-standard model kits and a huge decal, we will add two sets of such 3D prints. We will not offer them separately as we do not want to manufacture accessories. We consider them an add-on to enhance special sets (Deluxe, Limited Edition). If you need more accessories for our model kits, we recommend Aires, Eduard, Master and Yahu products, available in our webstore.

Regards
Wojtek Bułhak
Arma Hobby"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hurricane Mk.IIA/B/C 1/72 Deluxe Set in 80th Anniversary of the Operation “Jubilee” – Allied landing in Dieppe!

In the large box, you will find parts allowing you to build two complete models of Hurricanes in the selected Mk. II A/B/C versions with lots of accessories - including premiere - details and bombs in 3D printing! The kit includes a large decal sheet with 8 Hurricane camouflages and markings from Operation “Jubilee”, carefully researched by Grzegorz "Bigos" Cieliszak.

Today we start to accept pre-orders, shipment of model kits will start on the 80th anniversary of Operation “Jubilee” - August 19.

Read more and pre-order the model kit in the Armahobby store: https://tiny.pl/93bfh

https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/photos/a.672575432772817/5530050213691957/

292805713_5530050200358625_7025417616441

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Well, if nothing else, that is a great boxart on this Hurricane deluxe set! I can't help, but wonder what the september novelty will be. I wish  they would produce a jet aircraft, but I'm afraid it will be more of the usual, some WW2 plane. Much like Eduard, who make great kits these days, but keep releasing the same subject over and over in different boxings, and always a WW2 plane... so much wasted potential.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

and always a WW2 plane... so much wasted potential.

Unless of course, you're a modeller into WW2 planes. Trouble with this hobby. It's completely subjective. You're right though. The artwork is stunning on this release.

• Like 4

Personally, I wish they’d not concentrate on fancy boxings and do more in the way of basic releases. Maybe just a single set of markings, no accessories and a plainer box. Anything to keep the price of the kit down to a level where those of us on a smaller budget can afford it. I kinda get the impression that they’re aiming at the boutique market, so maybe they don’t want to cheapen their image, so to speak.

I know you can get overtrees directly from the manufacturer, but this is only cost effective if you can afford to buy a bunch of them, which kinda defeats the point for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Personally, I wish they’d not concentrate on fancy boxings and do more in the way of basic releases. Maybe just a single set of markings, no accessories and a plainer box. Anything to keep the price of the kit down to a level where those of us on a smaller budget can afford it. I kinda get the impression that they’re aiming at the boutique market, so maybe they don’t want to cheapen their image, so to speak.

I know you can get overtrees directly from the manufacturer, but this is only cost effective if you can afford to buy a bunch of them, which kinda defeats the point for me.

Which is what they were doing, but now they seem to do two or three markings. Though the Ki-84 has two markings the decals sheet is minimal, so I suspect there would be no saving if only one marking was included.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Which is what they were doing, but now they seem to do two or three markings. Though the Ki-84 has two markings the decals sheet is minimal, so I suspect there would be no saving if only one marking was included.

Their cheaper boxings of the P-51 and Ki-84 are still too expensive, IMO. I  keep getting told I’m wrong, but it doesn’t make them any more affordable. C’est la vie. 

Anyway, I wish Arma every success and whatever the new kit is, I hope it’s a good seller for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Their cheaper boxings of the P-51 and Ki-84 are still too expensive, IMO. I  keep getting told I’m wrong, but it doesn’t make them any more affordable. C’est la vie. 

Anyway, I wish Arma every success and whatever the new kit is, I hope it’s a good seller for them.

Of course its hard to say a kit is too expensive without knowing the cost for that company, but the Ki-84 is £18.99 and the just released CP I-16 starter set is £19.80 - a smaller, simpler aircraft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

I can certainly sympathise. There was a significant hike in price on the P-51B and Ki-84. Seems that the earlier releases like the Hurricane are still relatively affordable. I wanted to buy multiple P-51s, but I've been priced out of that idea.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Of course its hard to say a kit is too expensive without knowing the cost for that company, but the Ki-84 is £18.99 and the just released CP I-16 starter set is £19.80 - a smaller, simpler aircraft.

Too expensive for me, which is really the only definition that matters to me. People can try to justify it to me as much as they like, but I ain't paying the best part of twenty quid for a single-engined WW2 fighter, as IMO it represents poor value for money. But hey, plenty of people disagree with me, and that's fine.

Each to their own.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Too expensive for me, which is really the only definition that matters to me. People can try to justify it to me as much as they like, but I ain't paying the best part of twenty quid for a single-engined WW2 fighter, as IMO it represents poor value for money. But hey, plenty of people disagree with me, and that's fine.

Each to their own.

Okay too expensive for you is a different thing and no one can disagree with you on that.

• Like 1

I believe the difference on price between the P-51B and Hurricane is on the upper left of the P-51B box. Boeing need their money to. The thing with these kits is you don't need to buy mask, photo etch seat belts. Maybe decals for other subjects unless you're a P-51B fan and have way too many decals already. My brother-in-law just bought a guitar for $2000 but to me I can buy lot of Arma kits for that amount. 

I guess it depends on one's passion.

I'm hoping the next kit from Arma is one I like but if not, that is ok to.

Rick

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trenton guy said:

Has it already come? Namely the Dieppe Hurricane set. Just noticed that the promise was for a “novelty”, not a kit.

Well it's not the 18th August yet, so no.

As for novelty, they either mean a novel type, unless it's just in the translation and and it comes from the meaning of novelty being a toy.

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

As for novelty, they either mean a novel type, unless it's just in the translation and and it comes from the meaning of novelty being a toy.

Hope you are right.

3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

The coming Zvezda release may have put the kibosh on the Yak-9, in that case it’s got to be an La-9 /La-11 !

Wulfman

I don't remember Arma ever suggesting they'd do a Yak-9 - it was probably someone (like me) daydreaming about such a thing. Failing a Yak-9, your La-9/La-11 idea is very welcome, though!

John

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I think it's just a (central) European term for a new item. Revell use the same term on their website.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IT_Man said:

I think it's just a (central) European term for a new item. Revell use the same term on their website.

Yes it could be, again probably losing a bit in translation as it's not quite how we would use the word in English.

18 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I don't remember Arma ever suggesting they'd do a Yak-9 - it was probably someone (like me) daydreaming about such a thing. Failing a Yak-9, your La-9/La-11 idea is very welcome, though!

John

The Poles did not and still do not like the Russians: don't want to get political here! 

On a purely factual note they are giving\lending\passing on their Soviet Aircraft to the Ukrainians....

So not much hope for any Soviet subject!

• Like 2