Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

4 hours ago, Denford said:

The Poles did not and still do not like the Russians: don't want to get political here! 

On a purely factual note they are giving\lending\passing on their Soviet Aircraft to the Ukrainians....

So not much hope for any Soviet subject!

But Arma did the Yak-1b already

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denford said:

On a purely factual note they are giving\lending\passing on their Soviet Aircraft to the Ukrainians...

Well, if we are talking about facts, Poland did not hand over any aircraft to Ukraine. Only a hundred R-73 missiles were delivered in the end of February 2022.

What Poland actually handed over was heavy weaponry: more than 230 T-72 family tanks, 40 BMP-1s, more than 20 122mm 2S1 SPGs, 18 155mm Krab SPGs, more than 20 122mm BM-21 Grad MLRS, an unspecified number of AMZ Dzik-2 IMVs and FlyEye reconnaissance UAVs.

Following their Ki-84, Arma Hobby could release a Ki-44 or J2M - both of which lack new kits, as the Hasegawa is 1970s and the 2011 Sword is just a improved Hasegawa.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/07/2022 at 16:53, John Thompson said:

I don't remember Arma ever suggesting they'd do a Yak-9 - it was probably someone (like me) daydreaming about such a thing. Failing a Yak-9, your La-9/La-11 idea is very welcome, though!

John

The Yak-9 was my suggestion , just wishful thinking. ( Yak-9 in Polish markings, perhaps ? )

Wulfman

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

The Yak-9 was my suggestion , just wishful thinking. ( Yak-9 in Polish markings, perhaps ? )

Wulfman

Well, it was a good one - likewise, La-9/La-11 in PRC/Romanian/North Korean markings? :whistle:

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Well, if we are talking about facts, Poland did not hand over any aircraft to Ukraine. Only a hundred R-73 missiles were delivered in the end of February 2022.

What Poland actually handed over was heavy weaponry: more than 230 T-72 family tanks, 40 BMP-1s, more than 20 122mm 2S1 SPGs, 18 155mm Krab SPGs, more than 20 122mm BM-21 Grad MLRS, an unspecified number of AMZ Dzik-2 IMVs and FlyEye reconnaissance UAVs.

Following their Ki-84, Arma Hobby could release a Ki-44 or J2M - both of which lack new kits, as the Hasegawa is 1970s and the 2011 Sword is just a improved Hasegawa.

I had no idea that they Poland 'handed over' so much.  This merely reinforces my point!

As for the suggestion (from yourself and others) of further Japanese releases, and in view of the reported of 'above expectation' sales, these will surely come.  However the 'lead time' required makes it unlikely they will be the subject of the August announcement.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Messers… nope!

Focke-W… nope!

Superm… nope!

We could use an accurate 1/72 P-39 Airacobra

Or a new 1/72 P-38 Lightning

Or a new 1/72 T-6 Texan/Harvard

1/72 Grumman Avenger?

1/72 Vickers Wellesley?

• Like 8

I could bang my same old drum and say F-84F, but would add Mystere IVA, F-104 family, F4U-4/5/7, DHC-2 Beaver, F-94 (to please Mike @72modeler), F-80 and all the Mirage IIID/R/RD and the 5 variants (unless SH and Modelsvit get their finger out!) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I could bang my same old drum and say F-84F, but would add Mystere IVA, F-104 family, F4U-4/5/7, DHC-2 Beaver, F-94 (to please Mike @72modeler), F-80 and all the Mirage IIID/R/RD and the 5 variants (unless SH and Modelsvit get their finger out!) 

F-84F THUNDERSTREAK is way overdue !

Wulfman

• Like 3