Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

14 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Problem is that a Mk.XI would require new wings and a new fuselage, plus some of the details would also be different.. if however they wanted to make a brand new kit of the variant based on the Eduard kit dimensions and shapes I wouldn't say no!

the Eduard Spit breakdown, as previously written, makes possible an MkXI fuselage with minor works on the original Ed pieces. Just a template for the Camera holes and a new piece for the enlarge oil tank under the engine .... the more difficult piece is perhaps the canopy, adapt the MkXI one on the MkIX fuselage, the rest is possible ... of course with a new wing. A kind of conversion but possible and plenty in the Arma possibilities. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GioCare said:

the Eduard Spit breakdown, as previously written, makes possible an MkXI fuselage with minor works on the original Ed pieces. Just a template for the Camera holes and a new piece for the enlarge oil tank under the engine .... the more difficult piece is perhaps the canopy, adapt the MkXI one on the MkIX fuselage, the rest is possible ... of course with a new wing. A kind of conversion but possible and plenty in the Arma possibilities. 

No matter how similar it may look, it would require a totally new mould of the fuselage halves. The PR not only features the cameras and the relative "gutter" but also an extra access panel on the starboard side, meaning a different rivet pattern in that area. The windscreen area is also different. All stuff that can be sorted one way or the other in a home made conversion but it's not the kind of differences that a company like Arma can pass over. They would have to make a new fuselage to retain the kind of quality they are offering in their kits.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 14:37, KRK4m said:

I don't know if the RWD-13 is the right counterpart for the world-famous Cmelak. But if Arma released Lublin R.XIII (one crude kit from the 1980s) or WSK Junak (only a vacuform by Broplan), probably tens of thousands of boxes could be sold worldwide.

Cheers

Michael

I'd quite like to see a Kruk in any scale; 1/72 would be OK as a start!

• Like 2

In their email announcing the delay of the F-6C kit to September, Arma mentioned a P-51D coming in December -- was that previously announced?

• Like 1

From their latest email newsletter:
Unfortunately, we must revise our release plans. The 1/72 model of the aircraft planned for June will not be ready until July. Therefore, we are postponing its release to the beginning of September. We decided not to launch the model during the holidays.

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

In their email announcing the delay of the F-6C kit to September, Arma mentioned a P-51D coming in December -- was that previously announced?

Yes :)

• Sad 1

FROM ARMA HOBBY:

"(...)Today I would like to share more information about what is happening behind our office and warehouse doors.

It will be about news, plans and prices.

The Ki-84 Hayate Expert Set is selling surprisingly well, better than the Mustang P-51 B / C at its launch. There are not many models left from the first enlarged production run, and within a month, we will be preparing a second edition of the kit. In June, we will release the Ki-84 Model Kit edition with two colour options and without photoetched parts and masks. We can see that many interests aroused camouflage with "giraffe-like" spots. There is a discussion on the Internet about the techniques of its implementation. Rafhart (polish Youtuber) even posted a tutorial on his channel (you can find an article with photos and a video on the model's page on our blog, link). Write to me please about what you would like to receive for painting this camouflage: masks or decals? We are also considering making a mask template to download from our website. What do you prefer?

Articles about Hayate link

The Mustang F-6C reconnaissance version is waiting for photo-etched parts. The model was supposed to come out this week, but the transport of etchings has been travelling from the Czech Republic for a month, and Post lost it somewhere in a warehouse. Our supplier wanted to save us a cost and did not send the plates by courier. We hope etched parts will reach us within a few days, and we will start shipping the pre-orders. You'll find a great #armastory article about the F-6C by Robert Bourlier on the blog.

Articles about the F-6C Mustang http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/tag/nr70040-en/

Plans

Unfortunately, we must revise our release plans. The 1/72 model of the aircraft planned for June will not be ready until July. Therefore, we are postponing its release to the beginning of September. We decided not to launch the model during the holidays. Hurricane 1/48 expected in September will therefore go into October. The P-51D Mustang 1/72 would be available at Christmas or New Year. The plans are, of course, indicative. We hope that nothing will stop the news from being released. I feel awkward not being able to announce the date clearly. Unfortunately, we do not have the production process under complete control yet. Our moulds are made in Poland, and there is a lack of processing capacity in the tool workshop, mainly due to the lack of qualified employees.

Model prices

We are faced with the need to change the prices of models. Due to inflation, we are trying to fit between the scissors of rising costs and keep retail prices unchanged. Unfortunately, the situation on the market is pressing us more and more.

From June 1, we will increase the prices of the Model Kit and Limited Edition models.

We are also considering resigning from photo-etched plates in Expert Set models in the future, keeping the retail price as much as possible without an increase while leaving a wide selection of decals and masks. Such a solution is encouraged by the quality of details in our moulded parts, which increases from model to model, making the photoetched parts less needed. Tell me what you prefer, keep the price or the etched details, please?

"Spring Cleaning" Special Offer

Be sure to check out our online store. Before the end of May, we clean the warehouse of the overstock of Eduard, Hobby2000 and Tamiya models and some Hataka paint and Arma Hobby Limited Edition models. See how you can buy 361 products with a discount from 10% to even 25% link. Each purchase supports the development of Arma Hobby!

See the terms of promotion in the store link and available products link.

Yours
Wojtek Bulhak
Arma Hobby"

V.P.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

There are not many models left from the first enlarged production run, and within a month, we will be preparing a second edition of the kit.

Wait what, have any actually even made it to the UK yet?

Interestingly ARMA say that the Ki84 sold surprisingly well.  This bodes well for another Japanese type at a later date, but not for the now delayed release.

No hint of what it might be but of all the types so far chosen, the Luftwaffe is conspicuously absent.  However most small such subjects have been, metaphorically, 'tooled to death' and are now well represented in quality toolings.  So perhaps a 'second line' type such as Bf108 or Storch.  Both wore many finishes including civilian and in the case of the Storch might be tooled to have the wings folded.  On the other hand there's no accurate Me 410 but this may be too large for ARMA.

51 minutes ago, Denford said:

Interestingly ARMA say that the Ki84 sold surprisingly well.  This bodes well for another Japanese type at a later date, but not for the now delayed release.

No hint of what it might be but of all the types so far chosen, the Luftwaffe is conspicuously absent.  However most small such subjects have been, metaphorically, 'tooled to death' and are now well represented in quality toolings.  So perhaps a 'second line' type such as Bf108 or Storch.  Both wore many finishes including civilian and in the case of the Storch might be tooled to have the wings folded.  On the other hand there's no accurate Me 410 but this may be too large for ARMA.

I would Love a ME108 

Given that they appear to be close to Eduard at the moment, doing a Mk.IX would seem unlikely.  A Mk.V is a possibility, but the world is not without decent Spitfire Mk.Vs.  Not that this sems to bother Aram Hobby,  For a desired (I presume) Polish connection there are French fighters that lack recent kits.

• Like 1

I'll put a Seafire 15 \ 17 as a possibility.

Never previously tooled in Mainstream, though the original Airfix had it planned.

Given that ARMA often / always include Brass Etch one might expect it to be here too as part of wing-folding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Denford said:

I'll put a Seafire 15 \ 17 as a possibility.

Never previously tooled in Mainstream, though the original Airfix had it planned.

Given that ARMA often / always include Brass Etch one might expect it to be here too as part of wing-folding.

In their latest email, they mentioned they may dispense with PE, depending on what the recipients said about it.

19 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Wait what, have any actually even made it to the UK yet?

Mine's on its way from Hannants, so yes some must have.

Whatever they do, let's just hope its surface detailing will be on the level of their Yak-1, not Ki-84. 

Whatever they wrote about their Ki-84 seems hard to buy, like pure propaganda.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im not familiar with sll the new tools out there but whats the most modern Mig-3 ? Would that have a chance at consideration ? 

I think Soviet/Russian aircraft are unlikely for the time being due to the events in Ukraine - otherwise I would have loved seeing a MiG-3 made to Arma standards.

Maybe we will see them returning to USN aircraft like TBD Devastor, Bearcat and Tigercat?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LN-KEH said:

I think Soviet/Russian aircraft are unlikely for the time being due to the events in Ukraine - otherwise I would have loved seeing a MiG-3 made to Arma standards.

Maybe we will see them returning to USN aircraft like TBD Devastor, Bearcat and Tigercat?

I suspect you're correct, though a Devastator would be incredible and is something I’m desperate for. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

2 hours ago, LansVVS said:

Why does everyone bypass P-39 Airacobra? 

Id love to see a series covering all of them including the swept wing prototype the L-39.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bell_L-39-2_NAN2-61.jpg

But sadly I think not much love for the Cobras. 

On 5/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, Procopius said:

No, the delay of F-6C is a few days only and the kit will be available very soon. It's the "secret one" in 1/72 moved to September.

The P-51D in 1/72 was announced in New Year newsletter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrzeM said:

No, the delay of F-6C is a few days only and the kit will be available very soon. It's the "secret one" in 1/72 moved to September.

The P-51D in 1/72 was announced in New Year newsletter.

Awesome, thank you! 

• Like 1