Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

12 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Just on price, I've today noticed that Italeri (or Hobby Company in the UK) are suggesting that their P-51 B will sell for £14.99.. I seem to recall that being a bit of a rough kit!

Not that rough, but wildly over-priced at 15 Smackers !

Wulfman

On 4/28/2022 at 2:43 AM, zigster said:

What I was trying to tell you, Eduard is not afraid of bringing their (Czech) part of aviation to the plastic market.

You may not like agriculture training planes, that's OK!, There will be plenty of others, who will buy.

Arma can do, whatever they like, yet I don't think, they'll do RWD-13.

I don't know if the RWD-13 is the right counterpart for the world-famous Cmelak. But if Arma released Lublin R.XIII (one crude kit from the 1980s) or WSK Junak (only a vacuform by Broplan), probably tens of thousands of boxes could be sold worldwide.

Cheers

Michael

On 4/30/2022 at 1:30 AM, IT_Man said:

Just on price, I've today noticed that Italeri (or Hobby Company in the UK) are suggesting that their P-51 B will sell for £14.99.. I seem to recall that being a bit of a rough kit!

Since Italeri never released a P-51B it's hard to tell what the quality of this kit will be like... we don't even know if this will be a P-51B or a rebox of their Allison engined Mustang 

7 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Since Italeri never released a P-51B it's hard to tell what the quality of this kit will be like... we don't even know if this will be a P-51B or a rebox of their Allison engined Mustang 

considering Italeri's policy an Academy P51B rebox is the more probable option, anyway the topic is about an Arma Project. A Spitfire MkV b and later A and C is perfect for Arma ambitions. I hope in a new T6 Texan family, a lot of possible version and colorful options, different conflict, ecc ... but no polish insigna. Considering the Iskra I think a new M 346 is possible and should be a potential winner.  

Edited by GioCare
explain better my opinion
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 13:12, Wulfman said:

Not that rough, but wildly over-priced at 15 Smackers !

Wulfman

I was thinking P-51 D, another senior moment !

Wulfman

Sorry, @KRK4m, but I think RWD-13 had much wider (country wise) use, than Lublin, or Junak. If I remember correctly, there's still one flying in South America.

And Arma was talking something about moving away from "purely polish" A/C.

Doing a series of Yaks - 7, 9 etc would made a lot of guys (gals?) happy.

Well done P-36, 75 is on many "lists" as well.

Sure, Clear Prop started something, but from the wrong end of Air forces.

Thai versions you can do AFTER US, France and so - on.

Anyway, we'll wait and see.

zigster

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zigster said:

Count me in! The promise of a 1/72 snap-together Yak-9D from Zvezda was encouraging, but the type deserves to be treated more completely than just that one variant, and with more finesse than a snap-tite or than any of the previous (and difficult to obtain) kits.

John

• Like 4

13 hours ago, zigster said:

Sorry, @KRK4m, but I think RWD-13 had much wider (country wise) use, than Lublin, or Junak. If I remember correctly, there's still one flying in South America.

And Arma was talking something about moving away from "purely polish" A/C.

Well done P-36, 75 is on many "lists" as well. Sure, Clear Prop started something, but from the wrong end of Air forces. Thai versions you can do AFTER US, France and so - on.

Sorry, Zig, but the number of countries using single copies of a civilian light aircraft 80 years ago (yes, in Brazil 15 years ago) is not an argument for a model manufacturer, I guarantee that Lublin would sell 3 times better. As for Yaks nowadays see below (answer for John), 

As for Clear Prop and their Curtiss, it is exactly the opposite of what you write. Each manufacturer releases the model first in versions that hit the market worse (potentially they will sell poorly), because they will be bought by both the few who are interested in exactly this variant, as well as those impatient, who instead of waiting for their dream variant, will painstakingly rework this already available kit and look for aftermarket decals for it. And the most wanted variant is left at the end as the icing on the cake. Because it will be bought by everyone - now and in 10 years.

4 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Count me in! The promise of a 1/72 snap-together Yak-9D from Zvezda was encouraging, but the type deserves to be treated more completely than just that one variant, and with more finesse than a snap-tite or than any of the previous (and difficult to obtain) kits.

John, in other circumstances, I would have signed up to your longing for decent 1:72 Yak-9 (and -7). But today, entering the market with such a model is a shot at your own goal - something like a new translation of Mein Kampf.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KRK4m said:

John, in other circumstances, I would have signed up to your longing for decent 1:72 Yak-9 (and -7). But today, entering the market with such a model is a shot at your own goal - something like a new translation of Mein Kampf.

Cheers

Michael

Maybe yes, maybe no - the current circumstances don't seem to be deterring Clear Prop from going ahead with their I-16 kits. Although I do understand your point - the release of a Yak-9 could easily appear unsympathetic.

John

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Maybe yes, maybe no - the current circumstances don't seem to be deterring Clear Prop from going ahead with their I-16 kits. Although I do understand your point - the release of a Yak-9 could easily appear unsympathetic.

John

Being so near completion it would be strange otherwise - Clear Prop also has the advantage of their location. I would be extremely surprised if Arma releases any sort of Yak though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torbjorn said:

I would be extremely surprised if Arma releases any sort of Yak though.

To be honest, so would I. So, back to my stockpile of Dakoplast Yaks I go...

John

23 hours ago, John Thompson said:

John

It seems no problem to Eduard to release Nazis planes?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, manuel said:

It seems no problem to Eduard to release Nazis planes?

Have the Germans invaded anyone recently?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

Have the Germans invaded anyone recently?

Only the modeller's minds with so many Luft 46 paper projects and several colour schemes for the 109s and 190s 😋.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fukuryu said:

Afghanistan.

I yield to no one in pettifogging pedantry, they merely occupied it, having arrived after the invasion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If Arma had the distribution numbers (sales) of a new Airfix 1/72 kit for a new a single engine prop aircraft, could/would the price drop to under ten pound?

If Airfix could release a single engine prop aircraft a month like Arma is doing (recently), for under ten pound, what would that do for Airfix?

Maybe Airfix should be talking to Arma 1/72 people ......  I have plenty of suggestions .....

Pat Martin

• Like 4

Patrick, you don't understand the issue. Airfix is selling a lot (in UK) due to very strong base of modellers, who were raised on the brand.

It is a NATIONAL BRAND, and they can't do no wrong!

Arma doing 1 kit a month? Stop "having" whatever you do :-)))

zigster

Mister @KRK4m, I was thinking about Romanian Red Cross, Spain, and some other countries, talking about RWD-13.

And, while you present your strong (Lublin) point to ARMA, I rest my case, thanks & have good day :-))

zigster

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see they have done a U.S. plane, Polish, Russian, British, German and Japanese. One from Italy or France next?

I have not heard anything yet but a new Nieuport 11/16 or CR-32 would be nice.

I guess we will see here soon.

Rick

I've wondered if it might not be a continuation of one of their other series of models, i.e. a Martlet I or G-36A, or a Hurricane IV or IID, or something like that. I'm still hoping they do a Spitfire Vb or I, though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and if it's the result of a cooperation? For instance: the Spitfire Mk IX Eduard with new wings and details for a new version, a recon version, an Mk XI (not pressurised version). Considering the breakdown of Eduard Spit it's a  possible and reasonable operation 😉.  A competitor for the AZ kit ... and we like competition because makes the model world always better 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GioCare said:

and if it's the result of a cooperation? For instance: the Spitfire Mk IX Eduard with new wings and details for a new version, a recon version, an Mk XI (not pressurised version). Considering the breakdown of Eduard Spit it's a  possible and reasonable operation 😉.  A competitor for the AZ kit ... and we like competition because makes the model world always better 😄

Problem is that a Mk.XI would require new wings and a new fuselage, plus some of the details would also be different.. if however they wanted to make a brand new kit of the variant based on the Eduard kit dimensions and shapes I wouldn't say no!