Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

31 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

I agree with you.

Looks like the "72 scale revolution" is happening in Poland, nowadays.

I wish it was happening in the Czech Republic though, as it would certainly be more affordable for me. As it is, I’ll pass.

• Sad 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:32 PM, John Thompson said:

IIRC, Arma took over or was already partners with Attack Squadron - didn't AS do a resin F2F-1 some years ago?

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Were there some rumors, that in plans  is F8F Bearcat? 

That's right. AttackSquadron was the brand of the previous company of Wojtek Bułhak, manufacturing resin kits. And in 2015 their 1/72 F8F Bearcat became the Model of the Year at the Nuremberg Model Show. Admittedly, the whole programme of resin kits was bought by Brengun, but the drawings Wojtek used 8 years ago are still with him, I hope.

So who knows?

Cheers

Michael

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Do you remember the Spitfire Mk XI from Arma? Yes, we remember the Bearcat, the first Arma kit, anyway at the end of its "resin period" Attak had a Spitfire Mk XI in its catalogue ... it could be the best contender for the new AZ/KP ... we'll see.

Realistically, Arma, a small company, isn't going to want to get too esoteric or obscure with their next kit release. I very much doubt they'll do a Spitfire TR9, or even the PRXI, just as I don't think we're likely to ever see a PWS-10 from them.

• Like 1

As you said, @Procopius, I don't think we'll see anything in a line of PWS10, RWD5, RWD6, RWD13 etc.

And it doesn't matter, what is a company size. It's just a "small thinking".

Eduard did not have any problems (after fire melted all their stock), with releasing Trainer, Acrobat, or surprise, surprise... Cmelak!

All local, Czech production a/c, they are proud of! Well done kits, and they will sell, after all.

Yet, I suspect, ARMA's are afraid of that sort of move! Not everybody is waiting for the next... Frank... were you excited?

And I still think (after my ban from BM for overheated comments), they stuffed up that P-11c in 1:48. I do care about "proper" P11c. They did not.

zig

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zigster said:

Yet, I suspect, ARMA's are afraid of that sort of move! Not everybody is waiting for the next... Frank... were you excited?

Infinitely more excited than I would be if I discovered they were making a model of some central European crop duster of absolutely zero historical significance, yes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Infinitely more excited than I would be if I discovered they were making a model of some central European crop duster of absolutely zero historical significance, yes.

Tell that to the economies and agricultural industries of countries that use such aircraft.

Edited by k5054nz

1 minute ago, k5054nz said:

Tell that to the economies and agricultural industries of countries that use such aircraft.

Sure, and my livelihood and that of my family is dependent on the quality of the tweets that I write, but I'm still not gonna buy a 1/72 kit of the Twitter bird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

What I was trying to tell you, Eduard is not afraid of bringing their (Czech) part of aviation to the plastic market.

You may not like agriculture training planes, that's OK!, There will be plenty of others, who will buy.

Arma can do, whatever they like, yet I don't think, they'll do RWD-13.

zig

On 20/04/2022 at 13:32, rickpeck said:

As for price for the P-51B. Yes on Ebay the price is high for these but getting them direct from Arma is cheaper when buying more. I have ordered 10 so far by getting 5 each time. Including shipping and kit price this ends up being around $23 dollars. Yes shipping seems high because it is Fed ex but you get tracking and it get to me in the US 7 to 10 days . To me a good price but getting just one P-51B kit it will cost more. Sometimes a P-51B fetish pays off when one has to get more than one I guess.

Just on price, I've today noticed that Italeri (or Hobby Company in the UK) are suggesting that their P-51 B will sell for £14.99.. I seem to recall that being a bit of a rough kit!