United Kingdom Airbus A321-253NX. 1/144 Revell with 26 Decals

Airbus A321-253NX. Titan Airways/United Kingdom Government.

1/144 Revell with 26 Decals

a321-2.jpg

This is the new release of Revell's Airbus A321 neo (New Engine Option) LEAP engines and wintip 'sharklets'. My example came with decals for the Airbus 'in house' colours, but I wanted something more interesting. When I saw this set on the 26 decals website, I just had to have it.

My kit suffered from sink marks on the wheels and engines, but nothing that a bit of filler couldn't sort out, Maybe I was unlucky because others have not found this problem.  Then I broke the sticky out nose leg off twice, and had to drill and pin it . I managed to ruin one of the 'UNITED KINGDOM' decals on the fuselage (late night and beer was involved!), but Ray at 26 Decals very kindly sorted me out with a replacement. Top man Ray!

The only tip I would give anyone making this scheme is to cut the 2 part long sweeping blue 'cheatline' sections into halves again, to simplify getting them into place. I'm not usually too impressed with modern airline liveries, but this one is a belter, I really like it!

a321-1.jpg

a321-3.jpg

a321-4.jpg

a321-5.jpg

a321-6.jpg

a321-7.jpg

a321-8.jpg

a321-9.jpg

It got a pair of 'N' gauge railway passengers painted up as aircrew:

a321-10.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Well up to your usual standards of excellence John. Thanks for sharing. 

I just didn’t get on with the Revell A321 neo when I tried to build it a couple of years ago and the half built model was eventually binned in a major cull of unfinished projects. Your beauty and the gorgeous Air NZ one from @Alex1978 make me think I really should have another go.

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Like 1

Thats a beauty John.

Fabulous build and me too like this livery very much.

I knew there were decals available,but I coudnt figure out were i had seen it...so thanks again for posting this Airbus...👍

I have still some Zvezda A321CEOs but as the NEO engines from the Zvezda A320NEO are interchangeable,I might convert one of those😊

Nice looking Airbus, very well done. That scheme suits it very well. The more I look at all the airliners here on Britmodeller the more I feel the need to build one again...

• 1 month later...