"Spotty Jag" - Italeri 1/72 Jaguar GR.3

On 16/04/2022 at 16:34, supersonic said:

Splendid Cat Mate!

Hans

On 16/04/2022 at 18:28, Lightningboy2000 said:

Stunning work & great idea with the undercarriage.

Martin

23 hours ago, Viking said:

Blimey, my flabber is well and truly ghasted! That is beautiful.

Cheers

John

Thank you all very much for the kind comments, I’m not the best builder on this forum (by a long way), but I know enough camera stuff to hide the worst of the model’s shortcomings!!!

3 minutes ago, gazza l said:

Fantastic work, I thought the hanger shots were real at first.

gazza l

Same as that!  I really had to look long and hard to spot that it was a diorama and not a real hangar scene.  That really is a most impressive build and flawless presentation. Well done!

,Mark

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2022 at 22:39, Ptmvarsityfan said:

Superb!

18 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Absolutely brilliant.

17 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

I don`t know which is better, the Jaguar or the photographs of it????  Ah heck……..BOTH look great!!!!!! :yahoo:

Superb results!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

17 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Beautiful build and finish,great presentation too.

Thanks so much, really kind feedback

• Like 1

On 17/04/2022 at 15:26, Marcello Rosa said:

Three thumbs up !

On 17/04/2022 at 18:27, Blackmike said:

That is just stunning!  Well done, indeed!!!

Mike

On 17/04/2022 at 19:00, James G said:

Great build and photography!

On 17/04/2022 at 20:56, gazza l said:

Fantastic work, I thought the hanger shots were real at first.

gazza l

On 17/04/2022 at 21:01, canberraman said:

Same as that!  I really had to look long and hard to spot that it was a diorama and not a real hangar scene.  That really is a most impressive build and flawless presentation. Well done!

,Mark

On 17/04/2022 at 22:44, kiwitrogg said:

Good grief.....I too was fooled into thinking the hanger shot was real.  A testament to your skills rather than my numptyness I should add.

Fantastic. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Gaz

On 18/04/2022 at 00:02, Fritag said:

Beautiful finishing.  Does the old girl full justice..

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, as a relative newbie here it’s incredible to get such positive feedback, from some very skilled modellers too. Quite a few comments echoing my own reaction when I first saw the Noy’s Miniatures “Modern Fighter Hangar” on somebody’s posts here - it’s an amazing backdrop.

One tip for anyone considering buying this hangar scenery: originally I bought the 1/72 version (as that’s the only scale I build in), and built a rough frame from foamboard to mount them on. The side and base sheets are A4-size which is ok but it doesn’t extend too much beyond the model, meaning you need a pretty careful and tight crop on the photographs. I recently treated myself to the 1/48 scale version and that’s the one photographed here, with the sheets just propped up on the insides of the frame, resting on top of the 1/72 versions. 

I don’t think it looks out of scale at all - I can’t really tell the difference when comparing shots taken in both - and it gives a bigger area in which to pose the model, with more space around. I know it’s more expensive than the 1/72 version but from experience of both, I’d definitely recommend the bigger size - it’s much easier to get decent (and therefore realistic) photos with.

Edited by The Shearwater
  • Thanks 1

Really, genuinely great work, here. 

By the way, you can probably find some Freeware image-recovery software, to get back at least some of the images from the failed memory-card. I've read that the paid-for software tends to be more effective than the free version (no surprise there, then). I'll leave that with you. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Really, genuinely great work, here. 

By the way, you can probably find some Freeware image-recovery software, to get back at least some of the images from the failed memory-card. I've read that the paid-for software tends to be more effective than the free version (no surprise there, then). I'll leave that with you. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Thanks kindly! I’ve occasionally had this before where I get an error message (“drive requires formatting”, can’t be read in camera or PC etc) for a while, but it starts working again some weeks later. No idea why but I’ll look out recovery software in the meantime.

Fantastic Jag there matey.

For info the flaps and slats don't droop on shutdown as they're operated by screwjacks so their position would be selected by the pilot prior to shutdown. IIRC, normal position was slats fully out and flaps to max down

nice diorama 🐵

John

• Thanks 1

On 19/04/2022 at 10:41, kiseca said:

That looks fantastic, even more impressive given the scale!

12 hours ago, Luka said:

Thanks for the UC shots btw; got the Revell incarnation of this one, and your pics will be a great help!

Thanks both for the comments. Re the u/c, the more I googled photos of the real thing, the more my heart sank! They’re just so complicated. I mostly wanted to represent that big cylinder which is set behind, and at an angle to, the main leg. Managed a fair copy of it, at least for 1/72 scale 😁

11 hours ago, 12jaguar said:

Fantastic Jag there matey.

For info the flaps and slats don't droop on shutdown as they're operated by screwjacks so their position would be selected by the pilot prior to shutdown. IIRC, normal position was slats fully out and flaps to max down

nice diorama 🐵

John

Thanks John for the kind comments and the technical info too, appreciated as there are at least three more Jags in the stash... 👍