Ghost of Kyiv Mig-29

Uncle Dick

Interesting image of what appears to be a Ukraine Air Force Mig-29, with 3 kill markings, the kill markings curiously though are in the form of the Ukraine national marking presumably depicting 3 Russian aircraft shot down, if you look at the drawing/art work being held up next to the jet the artwork depicts Ukraine AF Mig-29 Bort 45 shooting down a Russian Su 27/30/35 series jet. Obvious reference to the mythical or real "Ghost of Kyiv" with the Ghost artwork on the nose of the jet in the photo - let's hope more information is released in future!

spacer.png

Above image via https://twitter.com/StefanKnippsch3/status/1514678374194688000

Mister Craft version depicting Bort 57 which was released recently ... no ghost or kill marking decals in this kit though

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, 757flyer said:

Per Scalemates, that should be based on the Zvezda kit...

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mistercraft-d-110-mig-29-9-13-ghost-kyiv--1409230

And that Ghost nose art is great!

Unfortunately not the recent and pretty good Zvezda kit but the old kit that Zvezda used to sell earlier, that was itself a rebox of something made by a company named Nakotne.

It is something that sure will not be mistaken for a Spitfire and when built most will say it's a MiG-29, however it is a very crude and inaccurate representation of the real aircraft.

Ah, no point in being polite... that kit is rubbish, no matter how much plastic was used to make it, it would have been better used for almost anything else. At lest these kits are cheap, very cheap, I've seen them sold for a fiver. If the decals included are decent it may be worh getting one and use the decals, then donate the kit to a kid who wants to play with glue and paint and doesn't care about the quality of the plastic.

Decals in this box include the digital camo. Quality of Mistercraft decals can vary from not too bad to rubbish, but for less than £6 (Polish price) I guess it may be worth the risk

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2022 at 11:38 AM, Uncle Dick said:

Interesting image of what appears to be a Ukraine Air Force Mig-29, with 3 kill markings, the kill markings curiously though are in the form of the Ukraine national marking presumably depicting 3 Russian aircraft shot down, if you look at the drawing/art work being held up next to the jet the artwork depicts Ukraine AF Mig-29 Bort 45 shooting down a Russian Su 27/30/35 series jet. Obvious reference to the mythical or real "Ghost of Kyiv" with the Ghost artwork on the nose of the jet in the photo - let's hope more information is released in future!

spacer.png

Inspirational post there, I've just ordered a kit, paint and masks to do this. 

Regardless of the mythology involved, the sentiment is what drives us in these circumstances. Look forward to making this happen in 1/32 as soon as all the bits arrive 🇺🇦

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

But I saw other sheets from them,

My personal favourite is Mistercrafts 1/72nd knockoff of Hellers Mirage IIIE/5/IIIER, with a nice enough decal sheet apart from the minor detail of being more to 1/100th than 1/72nd.

Niggles, minor niggles, I know...

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 2