Matchbox Lightning F.6 40152 / PK-114 74 Sqn Bird +++++Finished+++++

Hi Folks,

Sucker for Punishment but I said to myself it will be now or never, Pity this GB is not running for the year as I would like to have an good excuse to build some more of the Matchbox Stash I have

I have built this kit before under 74, 19 and 92 Sqn ships. for its day it was ok, bit narrow and lots of RPL's but they are not gonna put me off. 

I started it earlier today and after much scrambling around looking for the Decal sheet I came across the 20 odd Lightning Decal Sheets from Various suppliers and decided I will run with a Grey / Green 5 Sqn bird.

Here are some pics. It wont be super detail n all that jazz. Pain in the A$$ waiting to weeks for bits now from the UK plus the extra cost for Processing the packages has put me off.

IMG_1410

IMG_1411

IMG_1412

Nice Cheap Price!!

IMG_1418

IMG_1421

Edited by George Norman
  • Like 7

Crumbs, and just like that, an almost complete Lightning!

I always liked the Matchbox Lightnings, despite there being better ones available now. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 8:58 AM, George Norman said:

Pity this GB is not running for the year

What!!! don't let @Enzo Matrix hear you say that! 

Great to see another Lightning being built and by you're excellent progress the main parts are all assembled! She's looking good. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well remembered I had a 5 Sqn Lightning done already so gonna stick to the original box art for this one and do it in NMR with  black fin 74 sqn. Same one I did when I was about 12...

1st base coat on.

IMG_3007

• Like 5

On 15/04/2022 at 23:58, George Norman said:

Hi Folks,

Pity this GB is not running for the year 

I'm not sure Dave and I could survive a year of hosting,  if anyone wants to prove it can be done please be my guest ! :phew:

Best of luck with the Lightning  it's going to look great :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

Well touched up the Bad points and gave a coat of Alclad Highly polished metal finish, Then mixed Dark Alu and the polished one for a slightly different contrast and then Dark Alu and Steel for something a tad more. The Tanks are not in position yet, Could not help myself!!

IMG_3023

IMG_3024

IMG_3025

IMG_3026

• Like 4

On 17/05/2022 at 20:27, George Norman said:

remembered I had a 5 Sqn Lightning done already so gonna stick to the original box art for this one and do it in NMR with  black fin 74 sqn

Looking good! As it happens for my MB Lightning I was going to do a 74 Sqn aircraft but have switched to 5 Sqn…

• Thanks 1

With June Looming in the sights it was time to get the Markings on, Glad I did the 74 bird now as I remembered I did this back when I was 12 or so and I managed to find the remnants in the spare box. Depite doing numerous lightnings I forget the nose wieght, I can bash some lead to a wafer and stick it down the nose intake., God you have to love a lightning 

IMG_3029

IMG_3036

IMG_3037

IMG_3040

She is in good company!

IMG_3043

• Like 2

• George Norman changed the title to Matchbox Lightning F.6 40152 / PK-114 74 Sqn Bird +++++Finished+++++