PK-129 Meteor NF-11 5 Sqn ++++Finished++++

Hi Folks,

Have a number of these in the Stash and bought a few sets of Decals to make a few different birds. Never made this kit before and I have seen some lads having hard graft to get this over the line so I am well aware of what I have got ahead but lets roll!

IMG_1413

IMG_1414

IMG_1415

IMG_1416

Here is the Scheme I will finish it in

IMG_1425

Made a Start today, Wings glue, Some size issues here, The Cockpit is built and base painted, Tail is glued and the nose. all dry fitted here.

IMG_1423

Edited by George Norman
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Always good to see Matchbox's NF Meteor's taking shape. It's such an iconic Matchbox kit and thrilled many modellers when first released all those years ago. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

Been Busy lately so managed to get some progress on this one over the last week. Not far from the finish line. Blimey some sanding on this think for sure but still enjoying it. Looks Quote the Jet TBH.

Never noticed the split screen front windshield before and only on one side!!

IMG_1997

IMG_1996

IMG_2002

IMG_2262

IMG_2263

IMG_2265

Missed a bit on the nose but happy so far.

IMG_2266

• Like 3

Bit more done over the weekend.

Just realised that I did not get serial numbers nor roundels on the Model Decal Sheet which is a bit of a PITA TBH. I will have to have a look at my decal bank.

Tried the Matchbox Decals and they are of no use really so the Markings are a mix of the Model Decal sheet and Alleycat Roundels as I had every Roundel Type for the RAF bar the type depicted here.

Despite Solutions used the Model Decal Red Bars have not sat down that well. More work with that then! If they wont comply I use the Alleycat Decal sheet and a Different Squadron.

IMG_2273

IMG_2272

IMG_2280

IMG_2276

IMG_2282

IMG_2281

Edited by George Norman
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Serial Sheet Came from the UK, Bought it for €4.49 from Ebay, in the end post and taxes it hit the €14 mark, Crazy stuff.

Anyhow the Tail Serials went on and then a Matt coat, Gear doors and some Aerials that now need to be painted.

It won't win any prizes but is a nice addition to the RAF stuff I have made up.

IMG_3012

IMG_3011

IMG_3010

• Like 8

• George Norman changed the title to PK-129 Meteor NF-11 5 Sqn ++++Finished++++

Good Evening Folks,

This one also calling it done, Well it was and then I undone it by dropping something on the model causing a dorsal scoop to fly off and never to be found again...

IMG_3265

Appreciate the comments and interest along the way!

• Like 4