Farnborough Modelfest 2022?

Sidders

I thought that the show was supposed to be moving to a new venue. This was before Covid reared it's ugly head, though. My apologies if this is bad information. Perhaps Jabba could confirm or deny. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

On 4/16/2022 at 6:50 PM, Jabba said:

At the club meeting last Monday nothing had been decided.

Thanks for the update, Jabba. 

I hope it does go ahead - this show is one of the highlights of the year for me. 

21 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

I thought that the show was supposed to be moving to a new venue. This was before Covid reared it's ugly head, though. My apologies if this is bad information. Perhaps Jabba could confirm or deny. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Yes it was going to move to a new venue, I can't remember where. As we are going to the show at Poole this weekend I will get an update, unless someone beats me to it.

For various reasons, we were forced to start looking for a new venue after the 2019 event. We did eventually find a suitable location in Camberley. Unfortunately, lockdown put paid to both the 2020 and 2021 events and the most recent information we have at the moment is that the "new" venue is still not taking bookings for 3rd party (i.e. non-school) events.

As a result, we have been unable to organise a show for 2022 so far. I'll keep you posted if there are any further developments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that, Eric. It surprised me how difficult finding a suitable venue was, when organizing the Elstree show back in  2019. 

I hope that Farnborough can sort something out for later in the year.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

• 3 weeks later...