Run of the mill Dragon M4A3 75mm

Hi Michael. Welcome to the GB. Great to have you here with what looks like a nice looking kit. Interesting scheme too.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

First day progress

The engine deck/grill parts come with little tabs (should have taken a photo) these are actually meant to be handles. Here I've put handles on the grills and drilled location dimples where the handles on the deck should be, but I probably won't put those on as the deck will be covered with sandbags.

spacer.png

used putty to replicate areas on the front hull that had the remnants of waterproofing. Using spacers for the wooden side armor. 5th tank btln. after action report says the wood planks were spaced 4" from the hull but photos of Davy Jones it appears that the slats are spaced 2" from the hull with a piece filling in the forward edge.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Iwo tanks (at least the M4A3's) had thier radiators armored I used card stock (literally-business card )

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As Dennis said: WOW!! Very quick but impressive work! That looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the photos in the Gallery. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Michael!! Again, WOW! You are a very quick modeller! And what a fantastic result! It looks superb in the Gallery. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1