British Aviation Colours of World War Two book insert - Spectrophtometer readouts and sample recipes using Tamiya, Liquitex and Golden Fluid Acrylics

Casey

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I use Matlab and my own math implementations. The data fields are de facto standard for all color analysis software so they should be same.

Thanks! Yeah, there's always more than one way to peel a banana...

1 minute ago, Rolls-Royce said:

Thanks! Yeah, there's always more than one way to peel a banana...

I needed something that will give me back a recipe based on spectral target, and those softwares seem to be crazy expensive...

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I needed something that will give me back a recipe based on spectral target, and those softwares seem to be crazy expensive...

I haven't gotten that far down this rabbit hole yet. I started with a spectro for use in display calibration and started getting interested in this aspect when checking several different paint manufacturers' acrylic RLM 81 and 82 equivalents against several accepted reference charts (Merrick/Kiroff, Ullmann, and Eagle Editions) a couple of years ago. I'm not that much into the math and/or paint mixes, just finding close matches in off-the-shelf colors. 

The BabelColor products give me the type of information I'm looking for, and aren't too expensive.

Edited by Rolls-Royce

• Casey changed the title to British Aviation Colours of World War Two book insert - Spectrophtometer readouts and sample recipes using Tamiya, Liquitex and Golden Fluid Acrylics