Tamiya 1/35 Rover 7 Ambulance

This is Tamiya's Rover 7 Ambulance,

I have fond memories of driving these things about when I was in the TA and then later an instructor in the ACF. The only drawback is that the driving seat was completely fixed and did not move whatsoever!

I found this kit when I was perusing eBay one day, and for once it wasn't an arm or a leg, in reality I was more after the figures as they're the only real 1970's era British Army figures in injection plastic, and with a little bit of tweaking they can be altered, upgraded and used, however the Rover 7 was definitely on my modelling bucket list as well!

The kit went together quite nicely considering it's age, I made some changes to add interest, namely cutting open the driver's side door. I also ditched most of the decals as they had yellowed with age. I painted the ambulance with Tamiya Acrylics and painted the Red crosses on as well, the rest of the decals are either the better ones from the kit or nicked from the spares box. I weathered the Rover eweathered with oils and pigments. 

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0931.jpg

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN0934.jpg

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0936.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Angelo 🙂

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Nice build 👍 this was one of the last builds I did back in the day. Thought it was top notch then. Good detail for the time. I remember the figures being good as well. Two stretcher bearers and an officer spring to mind? Shame you didn't get them. Again, nice build and great weathering. 

Andrew 

• Like 1

That is a lovely model that you have built Angelo.  It is a kit that I have been looking to get for a while now; however, due to their rarity, I think I shall have to do a conversion with Tamiya's SAS Land Rover.

Hope to see more of your vehicle builds, and figures.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

Love it!

Still I kit I wish I could get hold of to go with the other land rover models I have.....just wish I could one to the 1/1 scale collection I have lol 

• Like 1