Decals for Wm. Bishop’s N.17 in 1/72 scale?

RC Boater Bill

My club is doing a theme build this year - “Canadian”.    With a bunch of  Eduard Nieuports in the stash, I figured I could join in with a quick build of the mount of the top-scoring Canadian pilot.   But I don’t have any decals at all for RAF Nieuports!   I’ve got French, Italian, Belgian, Serbian, various Russian factions, etc.,  but no British markings!

I can make masks for just about all the markings if need be- except for that tiny outlined “B.1556” on the tail.  It would be very hard to do as a mask-and-paint!

I’ve done some web searching, found all sorts of hits for 1/32 and 1/48, but not for 1/72.   Does anyone know of a source? 

TIA!

-Bill

Dear Bill

Fantasy Printshop in the UK print Pegasus 1/72 RFC serials. On the sheet they have solid black, solid white and white edging. They were revied on Hyperscale and there is a chap in the USA who sells a lot of Fantasy Printshop stuff on ebay.

Hope that helps.

regards Toby

I've used the Pegasus decals quite a lot. They work well (particularly the re-issued ones after takeover by Freightdog), but it is tedious - each decal needs to dry thoroughly before you put the next number on, then the whole lot must dry before you add the white outlines. But short of printing your own in one piece per serial (and the white would need an ALPS printer), there's not really amy alternative than Ye Olde Hand Painting, which is much more tedious. And difficult, for many of us mortals. At least the Pegasus decals don't need to be trimmed out separately, having individual carrier film that stops close to the edge of the image.

Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips!

I’ve had no luck finding the serial decals.  They aren’t listed on the Freightdog site, nor does anyone seem to be offering them on Ebay currently… I’ll keep looking….

-Bill

5 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

Thanks for the tips!

I’ve had no luck finding the serial decals.  They aren’t listed on the Freightdog site, nor does anyone seem to be offering them on Ebay currently… I’ll keep looking….

-Bill

Perhaps worth PMing him here or contact through his website. I don't know the story but have found that site to have plummeted in functionality since the last redesign, and also, he sometimes has small quantities of stuff not shown by the site. Good luck.

Paul.

3 hours ago, Bob C. said:

Didn't Modeldecal also make some between the wars serials?  I seem to remember not too long ago, old sheets could still be found.  Might try Hannants?

Good luck 

Yes, sheets 104,105, & 106 https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=Modeldecal+modelde*&fkCATNAME[]="Other"&fkTYPEGROUP[]="Letters and numbers"&ssearch=pre

Thanks for the tips-  I found them.

I see that it is a big sheet of both black and white letters/numbers.   Are they intended to work together?  Can you use them to make a mix of black-outlined-white- numbers and white-outlined-black-numbers?