Dornier Do 17 family reference

• 1 month later...

Some pics of some radio equipment found in most Luftwaffe bombers and twins .

IMG_20220511_114559896_HDR

Fug 16 These sets were airborne VHF transceivers used in single-seat fighter aircraft .

The ICM 217 kit seems to have this as well as a FUG 10 set up .  I'm going to stick my neck out and say its doubtful it had the FUG 16 and almost certainly wouldn't have both !

IMG_20220511_114532821_HDR

The  FuG 10  rack, contained two transmitters and two receivers: One transmitter and its companion receiver operated in the MF or Longwave; 300 to 600 kHz (1,000 to 500 m) range and the other transmitter and its companion receiver operated in the HF or Shortwave range; 3 to 6 MHz (100 to 50 m). Most of the FuG 10 series used a fixed wire aerial between the fuselage and tailfin or a retractable trailing aerial wire

The piece of equipment on the right with the blue and red switch is used to control the aerial wire . This is as colorful as Luftwaffe equipment comes :)

All cases are RLM 66 and bakalite switches /knobs are black

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 11:50 AM, Mottlemaster said:

Just placed a pre order for the new Do 217 book published by Crecy. Due to come out at end of this month (May 2022)

https://www.crecy.co.uk/the-dornier-do217

9781906537586🇺🇦

Found it for £24.00 inc P&P

Ordered the same and for the same price, glad I didn't pay full RRP as to my mind its the weakest book in the series, far too many pictures of things other than Do 217's.

The book on the Do 17 in the series is excellent though.

🇺🇦