Hasegawa 1/144 Embraer E-170 "Saudi Arabian Airlines"

Hello again.

Its been a while since my last post and here is the my first airliner model for 2022. Hasegawa 1/144 Embraer E-170 Saudi Arabian Airlines livery.

The kit is a generic Hasegawa kit, which is no problem in the building, with very little sanding and filling required. Only addition to kit is navigation lights in the wings.

As to decals, it was a complete disaster! I used Gio Decals set which is known to be very brittle and not responsive any decal solution. This one is no exception. During the application cheatline completely destroyed. So I had to make my own cheatline by using decal paper spaying gold and cut it 1mm wide. Other elements of the decal tended to silver after dry. Lots of careful trimming away the clear film took care of the silvering, not perfect but a lot better than without. So, I am not satisfied the finish in term of decaling however, I decided leave as it is. The windows are from Authentic Airliners as usual.

Paints used were mixture of Mr. Color C44 and white for the upper fuselage, Mr. Color C316 for the lower fuselage and engine nacelles and MRP Boeing Grey for the wings and stabilisers. Metals are a mix of Alclad.

Its in my opinion not quite up to my usual standard due to the problematic decals but it looks good.

Hope you like it.

Cheers!

Berk.

DSC06251 DSC06253 DSC06254 DSC06240 DSC06255 DSC06265 DSC06264 DSC06263 DSC06258 DSC06259 DSC06248 DSC06247 DSC06250 DSC06270 DSC06271 DSC06260

• Like 38

That looks really nice ,great job with the decals , you would never know there had been any issues.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Cheers Michael.

• Like 1

Very neat and clean build.

Hard to tell that there were issues.

I can feel with you in terms of problematic decals.

One if my recent builds  suffered the same problems

Whoooow!  That’s really impressive pic’s! Not really my department but the models looks so nice with this subtle weathering! I am deeply impressed!

Thx for sharing!

Andy 

Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

As others have said, I can't tell that you had issues with the decals. The general finish and your subtle weathering are excellent.

Dave G 🇺🇦