Revell 1:24 Deutz D30 Tractor

Normally I am building models of aircraft, but I couldn't resist buying and building this kit for a change. My uncle owned a similar type of this typical tractor of the early 1960s, so it kind of reminded me a little bit of my younger days.

The kit is constructed as an so called easy-click kit and theoretically you can put away the bottle of glue. Well, I recommend using some. Without painting, the model would definitely look like a toy. So I painted all parts, especially the rubber tyres and the chrome-plated parts forming the accessoryies of the engine cowling. I exclusively used Revell Aqua Colors, a mix of Smaragdgrün and Moosgrün with a little yellow for the body and Sand mixed with Alu for the above mentioned Gold-Chrome plated parts. For the other small parts different mixes of red, brown and other shades. 

This is not a tractor forgotten in the field and rusting and rotting away, but simply awell used one. The seat is already worn out and you can find a lot of traces from intensive use.

Hope you like the short excursion to an agricultural subject.

cheers,

Norbert

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

I'm not really into tractors, but I hope I can recognise good modelling when I see it, and I'm sure I've seen it here.  You've really captured the look of a well used farm workhorse, it looks as though the farmer has just stepped away for a few moments.  Thanks for sharing this charming model.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Norbert,
Ihr Deutz-Traktor ist einfach atemberaubend und sticht in dieser tiefgrünen Farbe hervor.
HERVORRAGENDE Arbeit.
KUDOS.
:worthy:

excuse any mistakes  thank you.

Norbert,

Your Deutz Tractor is simply STUNNING And stands out in that deep green color.

SUPERB job.

KUDOS.

:worthy:

Edited by HOUSTON

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!

You did the right thing to take away all the chrome!

You got the the on-the-farm look spot-on.

Excellent weathering and mud/dirt effects!

👍👍

• Thanks 1