Mitsubishi G4M1 Type 1 Mk.11. "Betty" and Ohka Mk.11

JOCKNEY

Hi Pat,

"until I find the right one !"

As I mentioned elsewhere the old White Ensign Colourcoats Mitsubishi Navy Green was quite light-

planes 009

- Raiden/Jack on the right - note the slight bluish tinge - but I suspect this would be better in a slightly darker green. My old kit is done in the Humbrol Authentic HJ1 like this old Jake

DSC06718-crop

30 years of pipe smoke and general ageing have taken their toll but after a quick wash and whilst still wet you can just about see the original colour above the port wing - a dark, slightly bluish green. The Humbrol colour charts say the replacement equivalent is supposedly Hu 149 though I have never tried it. Looking at the old tin I have it seems a bit lighter but might do if you do not fancy buying any specific "IJN Green" from another manufacturer - probably darken up a bit anyway when varnished - the pics in my Judy build show what Gunze think it should be! Alternatives might be Hu91/116/195, none of which I currently have so I cannot check. No idea about Revell - perhaps they have something?

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah that's a bummer Pat, I reckon the mask set was probably for the newer-tooled Hasegawa kit of the later version of the Betty.

Still, you seem to be on top of things B) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...