Photo etch tool useage

Ekire

Good day everyone,

Recently back into building and havent done anything with photo etch until now.  I have done a fair amount of research about PE bending tools and noticed there is a ton of info out there about what is recommended to get, the different types and styles and their quality, and a lot on how to use your typical straight edge portion of the tool.

I totally get how to bend straight portions of PE, and i understand there are tools for rolling as well, but what about the other portions of the bending tools - how do you use the different grooves, angles, tooltips and curves?  I was unsuccessful scouring the forums and internet videos on these.

Thanks.

Have a squint in our reviews section, specifically the Tools & Paint section.  We've reviewed a bunch of them over the years and they're very handy.  They're not the cheapest tools in the world however, so maybe start with some bending pliers, or flat bladed pliers at a push.  The bending brakes are really good for making sharp bends, and of course the rollers are available in various sizes to get things cylindrical.  There's no point in spending £50+ on a tool if you only use it once though ;)

Here's a quick search of that section using the words "Photo Etch":

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/search/&q=photo etch&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=324&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

Thank you for the reply but not quite what i was looking for :)

i have been through numerous forums and videos and have seen the reviews and recommendations.

each of the tools has different sized tips, curves, notches, sections, etc built into them.  I am looking for something that describes what each of those specific portions of the tools do.