1/72 Airfix Vickers Valiant

3 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

👏
Love the subtle shading on the panel lines.

Sorry, but subtle I think that is not.  Were I a pilot finding "my" aeroplane looking like that I'd want a very one-sided conversation, without coffee,  with my crew chief, preferably before my CO saw it.  Even at the end of their lives whilst awaiting the scrap men most of the Valiants were almost immaculate.

Go on, shoot me, I'm a heretic.

• Like 8

On 14/04/2022 at 13:45, stever219 said:

Sorry, but subtle I think that is not.  Were I a pilot finding "my" aeroplane looking like that I'd want a very one-sided conversation, without coffee,  with my crew chief, preferably before my CO saw it.  Even at the end of their lives whilst awaiting the scrap men most of the Valiants were almost immaculate.

Go on, shoot me, I'm a heretic.

A very nice build but I have to agree with the over weathering,. Perhaps a little more paint between the panel lines but as has been said Valliant's would not have appeared like that 

That said it's your model and a very nice build.

53 minutes ago, Paulaero said:

A very nice build but I have to agree with the over weathering,. Perhaps a little more paint between the panel lines but as has been said Valliant's would not have appeared like that 

That said it's your model and a very nice build.

I think for me that's the sad part: it's obvious that @Dim has put a lot of work into the model but perhaps he's tried too hard?  For the most part RAF aircraft in High Speed Silver seem to have been very clean with most grot, crud and cr@p behind wheels, around gun ports and on undersides of engine areas.

• Like 1