NEW PROJECT: TAKOM JAGDPANTHER G2 (Full Interior) + Upgrades.

Afternoon all

I've decided on my next project. Tacoma's new Jagdpanther G2 (Full Interior). 

ihQAGWg.png

One of the main reasons for choosing this kit, in spite of the large stash of kit's waiting to be started; I fancied a full interior. At first I was looking at a Takom Panther G (full interior) as I enjoyed building the Bergepanther Ausf. A by DEMAG, but then realised that most of the internal work would be lost once it was buttoned up on a standard Panther. I know many out there would say "well, at least you know it's there"...........but I could stomach all that work disappearing. .......so hence the Jagdpanther. I aim to leave the top plate loose and the rear plate with entry hatch, creating a one pice unit. Additionally leave the rear engine access hatch's loose. I'm hoping much will still be on view, as with the Bergepanther, being able to leave the top off as I did

Upgrades at present are

Voyager PE35996 Jagdpanther G2 Version Basic Set

YFV7NBf.jpg

Aber's 8.8cm Two Part PAK 43/3 L/71 Barrel 

KsSDmwP.jpg

R-Model's Panther (late) Track's with Pins.

HRCcOrU.jpg

I'm researching possibly also getting brass turned rounds by Voyager. Problem is that at this point of the war they used steel shell casings, so I'de end up painting them anyway. So might see if the kit rounds work out good enough., and paint them with Mr Color Metal burnishable steel paint. Would be nice if a company came out with metal rounds in something closer to steel.

Anyway........ the big downer, I can't start it until late June into July as I'm having to totally breakdown the workbench as the room I'm in is slated for re-decorating and a re-fit......so I'll be painting something, but not in 1:35th scale :(

Until then I'm concentrating on pottering with a few projects, and trying to finish them.......catch you all soon.

• Like 6

I'll take a seat for this if you don't mind?

Best of luck with the renovations/redecorations I hope they go smoothly

Stay safe           Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maddoxx77 said:

I'll tag along if you don't mind. 

Good luck with painting 👍😉

14 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That looks good Simon, I love an interior build so will look forward to seeing this one .. Good luck, I will follow this with interest....

Ed

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

I'll take a seat for this if you don't mind?

Best of luck with the renovations/redecorations I hope they go smoothly

Stay safe           Roger

2 hours ago, mick said:

will follow your build 

20 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

That's a promising new start.

Looking forward to see this going.

Kristjan

1 minute ago, Whitewolf said:

That looks a cracker of a kit! I'll pull up a chair if i may as I'm really interested to see how it builds!

Thanks Gent's, glad to have you all along. Been wanting to do one of these for ages. When Tacoma's G2 came out, took the plunge. I've added the Voyager Jagdpanther G2 Anti-aircraft armour Pattern 1 to the upgrades too.

And yes Whitewall, the kit looks a nice one. I'm starting to really get into Takom kit's. Looking at the interior pics and instructions similar to the Bergepanther, as you would expect with common parts, but the gun; wow she's a big 'un.

I was reading the description on the front page of the instructions and read that they fixed the transmission issue's for the production of the Jagdpanther. I bet the infield mechanics were glad, as I wouldn't have liked to change the transmission as they had to do all the time on early Panthers as the gun sits tightly above it. I'd loved to know how they did in the event of one packing up.

And yes chap's, thanks on the redecorating, will be glad when it's over and can set up the bench again. At least I have a show in May to go to in Milton Keynes. The MAFVA club has a table and I'll have a few pieces there on display.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Klugman said:

This is a nice kit, I built the interior but stopped to build my Panzer 1 in December 2021. I will complete the kit after the Panzer 1

eZUF2CO.jpg

ExGEg2v.jpg

HC40mVu.jpg

That looks nice Jack......good to see what is visible and confirms the decision to get one as opposed to a standard Panther for interior visibility. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Do you intend to follow one of the camp' schemes in the kit, or develop your own.

3 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

I never realised the G2 had the 88mm from the King Tiger

2 hours ago, Jack Klugman said:

The Jadgpanther mounted the 8.8 cm Pak 43 anti-tank gun, a modified version of the gun (8.8 cm KwK 43) was mounted on the Kingtiger. Very similar guns

Yes, an 88. I can't imagine what it was like to have been hit by a shell from one of them.....it must have be horrendous. The velocity of such a long barrel. I know that most say that German armour like Panther's and Tiger's were a technical nightmare in the field, but when operational quite a formidable and frightening thing to have to face in a Sherman.

Starting this in July (I hope), it will probably be Christmas before it's finished at the rate I take to build.

Hello 

"That looks nice Jack......good to see what is visible and confirms the decision to get one as opposed to a standard Panther for interior visibility. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Do you intend to follow one of the camp' schemes in the kit, or develop your own"

I have never been that bothered about the historical accuracy of paint schemes (which is odd considering how seriously I take the build) and tend to choose the option that I think looks nice

54 minutes ago, Jack Klugman said:

Hello 

"That looks nice Jack......good to see what is visible and confirms the decision to get one as opposed to a standard Panther for interior visibility. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Do you intend to follow one of the camp' schemes in the kit, or develop your own"

I have never been that bothered about the historical accuracy of paint schemes (which is odd considering how seriously I take the build) and tend to choose the option that I think looks nice

I might take a look at the scheme's they have, but I'm like yourself....do what looks good. I might even leave base yellow....have to see.

Sprue Brothers was blowing out the Panther Ausf. A with interior and zimmerit, so I snagged one (for under $40) which should arrive shortly.  I’ll be watching this space for sure since the kits have some common ground.

Great project!