Revell 1:32 scale Supermarine Spitfire Mk llA

Hi again fellow modelers 
This is my Spitfire that I have just completed and has been made out of the box without any corrections or additions or weathering, etc. 

The last time I actually made a model Spitfire was over 45 years ago and I just had the urge to see how things have changed over the years as in those days we tended to be limited to Airfix or Matchbox kits.
This is the Revell version and I must say that I found no flashing on this build at all and had no problems during assembly. Apparently there are some inaccuracies compared to the real one but I decide to just go with the flow. Overall I found the quality and detail top notch with all of those thousands of rivets shown in all their glory. The decals went on perfectly though the underwing roundels took some softening and pressing around the various raised parts of the aircraft. 
Thanks for looking folks and if you want more pictures they can be found HERE

Spitfire (4)

Spitfire (5) Spitfire (6) Spitfire (7) Spitfire (11) Spitfire (14) Spitfire (15) Spitfire (20) Spitfire (21)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Nice one, looks grand

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. 
I see in your pic that you have an assistant on your bench? Is that to find those small parts that get lost to the carpet monster? 😂

That is my late very much lamented assistant modeller Sydney, who helped me build models, motorbikes and carry out many household DIY tasks for 19 years, sorely missed.

Cheers

Dennis

On 4/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, spitfire said:

That is my late very much lamented assistant modeller Sydney, who helped me build models, motorbikes and carry out many household DIY tasks for 19 years, sorely missed.

Cheers

Dennis

Aw, sorry to hear that Dennis as I can only imagine the comfort that you got from having such a loyal 'friend'.
Best wishes

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 6:17 PM, SAT69 said:

Beautiful model and I'm very impressed with the photography!

Thank you for your kind comment. Photography is not my strongest skill but I think I am improving little by little, I think.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:25 PM, Roberto said:

Very nice Spit!

Thank you Roberto.