Italeri Semovente M42

Small update today. I made a little bit of progress.

Did some detail work, some touch ups. Highlighted some of the rivets and panel lines. Fitted the tracks ( rubbish btw ) did some scratching. 

Ordered the Rust&Dust set from realcolor after watching a Nightshift video. I will use the set to further weather the tracks and the spare tracks on the hull. 

Finnish line is in my sights..... My next project is looming on the horizon.... the STuG III ausf G from Ryefield Model with full interior 😋😋😋

So i'm also busy with research for that one.

Anyway, enjoy the photo's, tnx for stopping by and tagging along with this project. Your comments are much appriciated!

20220429_155706 20220429_155634 20220429_155715

Cheers guys! Have a great weekend!

• Like 10

The build is done. I posted a topic in the "Ready for inspection" section.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to follow the build log, provided tips, gave comments and helped me along the way. 

Take care guys! 

• Like 2

I attempted to paint a figure to add to the vehicle..... lot's to learn. Figure painting is a whole different skill...

20220505_103532 20220505_103542

It does give a sense of scale to the model and brings it more to life. Maybe i'll add more figures to my builds in the future. 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work. I know it's finished and everything, but I'm catching up on old builds and just bought the same kit so it's good to have a build to look through. After opening the box and looking at the instructions, my first thoughts were 'oh, no, that camouflage' but I can't keep just painting them grey or yellow :)

Smart build, well done for not giving up, its so easy to do that.

It looks a lot bigger until the last 2 pictures with the figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ned said:

Nice work. I know it's finished and everything, but I'm catching up on old builds and just bought the same kit so it's good to have a build to look through. After opening the box and looking at the instructions, my first thoughts were 'oh, no, that camouflage' but I can't keep just painting them grey or yellow :)

Smart build, well done for not giving up, its so easy to do that.

It looks a lot bigger until the last 2 pictures with the figure.

The build process is pretty straight foreward. Be carefull when drilling out the holes on the main gun.

The paintjob was difficult. I've come across photo's showing DAK colors or german grey so that are options. I wanted to challenge myself and work on my airbrush skills. 

So i learned a lot about pressure, needles, paint thinning and working with paint stripper 🤣 

I'm happy with the result. I added the figure for scale and it's a tiny vehicle. The italian crews were even selected on hight because it was so crammed inside.

Also i want to learn how to paint figures. So i did a paint-a-long with Nightshift's youtube videos 😉

Good luck with the build and if you need anything like tips or tricks, just let me know.

• Like 1