Anatra Anasal Two-Seater Imperial Russian Air Service - 1/72nd Scale

This, I believe is one of the last Frog Molds designed and made - see posting of Doccur in 2019, 

and was widely sold to several Eastern Bloc model makers.   Mine is a Red Star model, but Emhar also made it.        

The Anatra Anasal was the development of the earlier Anade aircraft, one of the designs that came out of the pen of French designer Elisée Alfred DesCamps who worked for the Anatra Aircraft Company, funded in 1913, in Odessa (now Ukraine) by Artur Antonovitch Anatra.

The similarities between the two aircraft are very apparent in photos of the types, the main differences between the two being the plywood covered fuselage of the Anasal, as opposed to the linen rear fuselage of the Anade and the different engines used: the 100 hp Gnome Monosoupape of the Anade was replaced by a more powerful 150 hp Salmson in the Anasal (a Liquid Cooled ROTARY, of all things!   Thats why the Extensive Plumbing.....)

The aircraft were used as trainers and as reconaissance and liasion aircraft (both armed and unarmed) and approximately 70 units were produced until the end of the war. Foreign users of the type, besides Poland, were Austria-Hungary and Czechoslovakia,where the type would see service until 1942, for ground instruction purposes, one of them still surviving today in Prague's Technological Museum.

Although the Aircraft is rather Ho-Hum, I am very pleased with the result - I guess it belongs in the category "So Ugly It's Pretty...."

I added the name "Mstitel" from an old ESCI Russian Decal Sheet....it means "Avenger" in English....the figures are from Orion...I particularly like the typical Eastern European hand gesture of the Observer....

the old Colt "Potato Digger" MG is from a Roden Kit.....

I have a second Anatra I received Gratis, so may also give that one a go.....skiis instead of wheels!

I have been having a problem posting lately - I used village photos.com, and as I put this out, I CAN see the photos that I am posting.....tell me if you have a problem viewing them....

9e001700-4c79-4944-8065-3f9c04d48794.jpe

9eab16ca-dc36-44b2-bef8-fbf57c955ebb.jpe

59c401e6-7bb3-4dba-8fff-63b40f744160.jpe

a7c73971-d563-48e5-b258-43610a563cab.jpe

296f2338-abd6-453d-8174-904c15c530e5.jpe

8497de69-e650-4039-84f9-a1a0aa40bee2.jpe

68203a5e-7698-416f-b1c8-a690a74d4eac.jpe

ffc0de95-c111-43e5-bb44-11e7d48adbab.jpe

21205bb0-2a63-4ba6-bef8-150dd2e831c7.jpe

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Doccur said:

Very nice! A kit not without its challenges (I struggled with the radiators and the struts) but a very nice result. Love the figures!

Ash

4 minutes ago, jhutchi said:

I can't see any pictures either 

village photos SSL issues, right click on the photo link and open in another tab,

Jhutchi.....can you please explain to me, step by step,  how to post my pics from Village Photos here?  I have used that site to post pics here for a YEAR...Suddenly the last few months.....they are not posting....

I saw you wrote it was an SSL issue.....is there any way around it?.

6 minutes ago, S. Uehlinger said:

Jhutchi.....can you please explain to me, step by step,  how to post my pics from Village Photos here?  I have used that site to post pics here for a YEAR...Suddenly the last few months.....they are not posting....

I saw you wrote it was an SSL issue.....is there any way around it?.

Hi, that want me, it was JamesP

Village Photos is finished, I'm afraid. Need to find another hosting site, like I did (Imgur). It's my 4th different hosting site, since I started posting stuff here, 3 yrs ago.