AK Real Colour mixing

Gustavd

Hi guys 

I’m new to this brand (AK Real colour in the glass jars) and need to adjust a colour. I’m a little confused on what to mix it with. It smells similar to Tamiya Lacquer paint so I would have thought it should mix ok with Mr Color lacquer paint, but I’ve seen people saving they mixed it with Tamiya acrylic or gunze aqueous.

The one other time I used this brand I mixed it with MRP paint which worked fine which also makes me think mr color should work. Any suggestions (other than buying more ak to mix…!) Thanks 

• Like 1

I agree with @bmwh548. I have mixed AK Real Colors with Gunze Mr Color, Aqueous Hobby Color, MRP and Tamiya aqueous acrylic (not with their lacquer range or maybe I have and don't remember), all without issue. Usually these are modest colour changes with a subtle addition rather than major ratios of each, although I expect that if you are mixing up your own home brew of say "Hawker Yellow" I expect you could mix these with confidence. 

I typically thin the concoction with Mr Color Leveling Thinner although I have used AK Real Colors High Compatibility Thinner without issue.  

Usual caveat - test your mix before applying. 

Ray

• Like 1

Ooh! Good knowledge! I have just bought some of the AK Real paints, but apparently some of the colours are not that accurate. Now I know what I can use to adjust the shades.

Chris