Cromwell Mk. IV F hull- Tamiya 1/35

Im calling this one done. Its taken me about 4 months from start to finish. Finished with a whitewash on the turret only, remnants of thawing snow and some dead leaves. 

It's the 1st time I've taken a microsaw to a kit, 1st time I've tried the hairspray chipping technique and 1st time using lacquer paints. Overall I'm very happy with the end result. 

I need to get some better pictures away from the bench!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 34

Looks really good! Paintjob and weathering are really spot on. 

If i may point something out. The snow on the engine covers looks a bit odd to me becouse the engine covers get really warm. ( i know from experience ) and they stay warm for a really long time after the engine is shut off. When i was a tankgunner we did exercises in the middle of winter in heavy snow but the rear hull and engine covers never had snow on them...just puddles of warm water. 

Anyway i love the build. I can really see that you put a lot of time and efford in to it. 

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Maddoxx77 said:

Looks really good! Paintjob and weathering are really spot on. 

If i may point something out. The snow on the engine covers looks a bit odd to me becouse the engine covers get really warm. ( i know from experience ) and they stay warm for a really long time after the engine is shut off. When i was a tankgunner we did exercises in the middle of winter in heavy snow but the rear hull and engine covers never had snow on them...just puddles of warm water. 

Anyway i love the build. I can really see that you put a lot of time and efford in to it. 

Cheers!

Thanks @Maddoxx77, I appreciate your honest opinion and thanks for sharing your experience. I can simply brush off the snow off the engine covers as its only been added using Tamiya x-20a thinner, not glue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, APA said:

Really great finish and great wip npal 👍

Snow is a nice touch and subtley done. 👌

Andrew 

Thanks Andrew, it was an enjoyable build from start to finish. I have a few more of these in the stash as well as the centaur kits. 

I want to make a base for this to display it, just a small one though. Not a diorama. 

• Like 1

I got myself a new toy....a LED Photography Lightbox. No more crap filled backgrounds for my completed builds. (Unless they don't fit).

I took these on my phone in 5 mins after setting it up. Im keen to play around more with the settings and learn to take better pics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Final touches and stowage added, mounted on a wooden base with a union jack flag and plaque added. 5 months in total. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

I love it!  The snow is definitely a nice touch.  Now I have to try a snow-covered model or scene...

• Thanks 1

Hi Npal21,

It looks very good, now that you have taken better photos, the work done is better appreciated, and the base complement is a nice detail.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Npal21,

It looks very good, now that you have taken better photos, the work done is better appreciated, and the base complement is a nice detail.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Thanks Francis. I am glad I bought the light box, it definitely makes a difference showing off the detail in the build. Thanks for your kind words. 

Nick. 

• Thanks 1