Smer AVRO 504k

Marklo

welcome along with something I didn't expect to see.

What a great choice for a build but totally frightening for me, I do like bi-planes but the thought of building them scares the willies out of me!

Good luck with the build, it'll be a great one to follow and do look forward to seeing her completed.

• Thanks 1

2-DBEC96-F-16-E8-4-FA8-9-C31-222-A13-EDDSprues better than I expected but not as good as I hoped. Overall shape is good but it has embossed markings. Good decal sheet a shame I won’t be using it, but those white outlined roundels won’t go to waste.

• Like 2

Nice one Mark.  Do you know, is this an original SMER kit or a re-pop of someone else's (as a fair amount of SMER's stuff seems to be)?

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

Nice one Mark.  Do you know, is this an original SMER kit or a re-pop of someone else's (as a fair amount of SMER's stuff seems to be)?

Cheers

Hi guys, it’s a Merit kit from 1958, later released by Artiplast and then by Smer.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I’ll tag along for this if you don’t mind. 🤤

Well as I keep thinking you’ll get to see a master in action then take a look at my build :) 

Actually I am a master as I do have an MBA :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of these SMER kits in my stash and I rather fancy doing it as G-EBIZ painted red overall as operated on joy flights by the Cornwall Aviation Company from St. Austell - just to be different from a standard WW1 scheme.  I shall be watching this build, thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, John Masters said:

How's this one coming?  Any progress?

Haven’t done anything in a while but it’s now up to the top of the queue, just behind the Olympic and the Do 17 :) Should see some primer at the weekend.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

Great too this one is progressing as well, sorry I had forgotten this one , lost in all the other builds..... so nice t she she is still progressing.

• Thanks 1

CB722553-8-AC7-4-BB9-B159-AEAFD4-DC7-EFEBack on the bench and shaping up ok. Quite a bit of sanding needed on the kit parts but the design is actually fairly good.

And of course I can’t for the life of me find the upper wing or the cabana struts . I’ll give it till next week but if it doesn’t turn up soon I’m going to have to scratch a new set.

In the meantime I can crack on and paint and rig and even decal the rest of it.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3