PM SNB-4/5 Benibato

Marklo

and welcome along with build #2 another great choice.

That's a nice looking aircraft and will look great in that scheme.

Again, good luck with this build too.

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to PM SNB-4/5 Benibato
17 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hope it is better than my PM Dagger in the Falklands GB!

Just read through that, ouch. I happen to have bought their Nesher too so I’m hoping that’s more accurate than your dagger.

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

Just read through that, ouch. I happen to have bought their Nesher too so I’m hoping that’s more accurate than your dagger.

Well, at least you won't have the pylons and weapons to worry about and the nose should be pretty standard  I would have thought - I presume this is one of their Beechcraft/C-45 kits? The fit on mine was not actually that bad except for the canopy. Incidentally I see that their latest Dagger boxing does not claim to be a Mirage IIIEA as well so maybe they have improved it and the Nesher!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!😄

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marklo said:

Yes I think so. 

According to my Putnam's book on Beech, the SNB4 were SNB1 gunery and bombing trainers refurbished in 1947 and the SNB5 were SNB2 Navigation trainers and transports repurbished in the early 1950's - no idea what the differences between the 4 and 5 were. They were all military versions of the Beech 18/C-45.

Pete

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

741-F8-D73-FE81-437-D-AA38-0-C1527-B68-ETaking @arfa1983s advice to heart I think that’s the sixth coat of humbrol white :) but it is looking pretty good. I’ll let it dry thou rough then mask up for the red. Still can’t decide if I’ll attempt painted hinomaru or go with decals. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2