Cow on the Nose...

Two beauties there - lovely finish on the pair of them.

And fear not… you aren’t the first and certainly won’t be the last to paint the chevron black!

All the best,

Tom

• Thanks 1

Thats a great looking B-17, lots of silver and yellow, lovely build and paint finish. And how apt is that nose art😁. The SMS Paint looks to have produced a really smooth and lifelike metallic finish. Is it a laquer?, if so what did you thin it with? Like Bill I might have to try them it looks so good.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Thats a great looking B-17, lots of silver and yellow, lovely build and paint finish. And how apt is that nose art😁. The SMS Paint looks to have produced a really smooth and lifelike metallic finish. Is it a laquer?, if so what did you thin it with? Like Bill I might have to try them it looks so good.

Pete

Hi Pete,  yes the are acrylic lacquers, very compatible with Mr Color and  l used Mr Color levelling thinner to good effect,

• Thanks 2

Very nice work indeed. The aluminum finish looks great. Just today I grabbed a pot of SMS paint to try the product of a local producer (Sebastopol, Victoria, Australia) and to see how they've reproduced the much debated RAAF Foliage Green, allegedly FS34092.

• Thanks 1

Hello, farmerboy,

excellent!
Superb constructions, very nice painting. I want more!  :thumbsup:

On 11/04/2022 at 01:54, billn53 said:

You, sir, are a bad influence!

I positively agree!

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Thanks 1

Oh this is a nice combo, one better than the other. Very nice workmanship and excellent subtle weathering !

I really love them both! 

Thx for sharing! 

Andy 

• Thanks 1