Hawker Hurricanes around the World: Turkish Air Force Mk IIc

This is the 14th installment in my Hawker Hurricanes around the world project, an Mk IIc built from the Mistercraft kit (originally from Heller). Mostly OOB, although some of the underside pieces were taken from other kits (trop filter from Arma Mk II, radiator from AZ Mk IV [which includes the Mk II unarmoured radiator], and wheels and doors from Airfix Mk I). The decals are from Kits World and some stencils (and that ugly underside ID "light") from Revell. Originally I looked at the kit with some disdain (it certainly isn't Arma!), but in the end I really enjoyed building it. I am definitely not an excellent brush painter on my good days, but with this one I really struggled. The underside was alright (that's Vallejo's azure blue), but on top the complement to the Middlestone (Tamiya XF-59) is Tamiya Dark Earth (XF-52), and it went on badly and gloop-ily. Got it to somewhere I can live with, however, and all told happy with another interesting Hawker Hurricane!

y4mrXFjkgJNKjWO_zmdAMc65gh0f9Pxgb3PhYV7G

y4mxFq4slH_kOFke2K4LAZrRDRGl7sLL_q8r10rM

y4mdY1ZGV05gXXp6NpwFPFlpfTebz4W3bqgZoOKu

y4mC5IzCUl9hL6bXh3Liaaai0fxBlWovXp4_LX9M

y4mUIEprHMnzLvuOLJPwGYJlqVwt6s6v5REWZ5vq

y4mufLYw_O4HOi-b49UJnw7vmguUVd6yh5wuNhk8

y4mqBqM2sEUDJb3u_6HPrB5EBbeSZfqmhEN7SWZp

I completed a ML-KNIL Mk IIb around the same time and here they are together--I'll post an RFI for the Dutch 'cane soon!

y4mXvSOaEwcbD6_pXBA3OeC6pN0CpGIGxnFGnkkc

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1