On 30/07/2022 at 22:51, Dazzio said:

....  I guess you *could* paint over the top of it, but that runs the risk of losing all of the details.

Oven cleaner (Mr Muscle), Dettol, Dot3 brake fluid and heard great things about "Simple Green" for paint removal from my wargaming buddies....

Thank you Dazz!

I was thinking about the same options, but currently - i think - I would tend to just paint over the existing layer as this kit does not have tooooo much fine detail to loose.

Btw. there is a live action Evangelion commercial for the Oppo Ace2 that offers some inspiration, how a weathered version of Eva-01 could look like.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Maximilian said:

Give me EVA-0 unpainted, please. 

And Pen-Pen. 

I´ll take two!

Pen-Pen at 47 cm would be close to 1:1 Scale. Nice ideal! But unlikely that this will ever happen😉

• 5 months later...

After the release of EVA-02 last year now comes another Version: The EVA-02 Alpha as seen in the latest and final Movie:

http://www.meng-model.com/en/contents/59/566.html

...unfortunately (my personal opinion) one of the uglies EVAs from the whole Series🥴...

But talking about the positive aspects:

- This seems to be just coloured Plastic WITHOUT Painted sprues. I find this positive as i do not need to strip of paint before aqpplying a my own paintjob

- With 32 cm a bit smaller than the previous 47 cm Monsters. This should make placement on the shelf a bit easier for most of us

- a bit cheaper than the previous 47 cm Monsters.

Sceduled to be released around May 2023.

To be continued (....hopefully), still waiting for Rei´s EVA-00 and Mari´s EVA-08

• Like 1