Hawker Hurricane Mk I Tropical - 73 Squadron North Africa, 1942

I must say that is one fine build, with subtle, but perfectly applied weathering. Your photography is particularly well thought out, giving beautiful images that make the viewer look carefully to see that it is a model and not a photographs of the real thing.

Well done Paul.

Chris..

Edited by cngaero
  • Like 1

Back to the bench for a bit of finishing off - and to take on some feedback from @Troy Smith...

Edit_MG_1006-scaled.jpg

edit_MG_1002a-1.jpg

edit_MG_1001a-1-scaled.jpg

edit_MG_1009-1-scaled.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments. Time to let this one drift off into the depths of previous forum pages. 

Cheers,

Paul. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Don’t know why I forget to give a comment…….that’s absolutely stunning, everything, the model and the photography. It looks absolutely realistic 

Cheers

Andy 

• Like 1

I'm very glad this post got revived.  You did just excellent work on the Hurricane as far as the building, paint and finish goes.  Your photography skills are just great too.  The sienna photos look like actual WWII reference photos you used to guide your build and finish.  I went to your website and your explanation of how you do photos is most informative and maybe even I can use some of these techniques.  Once again, glad this resurfaced and thanks for sharing your build and your information regarding how to photograph models. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 6:52 PM, georgeusa said:

I'm very glad this post got revived.  You did just excellent work on the Hurricane as far as the building, paint and finish goes.  Your photography skills are just great too.  The sienna photos look like actual WWII reference photos you used to guide your build and finish.  I went to your website and your explanation of how you do photos is most informative and maybe even I can use some of these techniques.  Once again, glad this resurfaced and thanks for sharing your build and your information regarding how to photograph models. 

Thanks for the kind comments and I'm very happy if anything I've learnt can be of use. I'm no photographer, and I'm sure any proper photographer would achieve better results, but what I have picked up is useful. Any hints and tips to improve are always welcome - whether photography or modelling.

Cheers, Paul.

Edited by CplPunishment
  • Like 1