1/72 - Spad VIIC-1 by MAC Distribution - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Spad VIIC-1 by MAC Distribution - box art+schemes+decals - release in 2022

Also better than the Pegasus kit in some areas, including ease of construction. But both need the trailing edges attending to, rather savagely. Still, worse things happen at sea, and having built them all I'd be hard put to say which I preferred. Ruling out the Airfix, which hasn't been very nice since it was new and I built it waaay back in my youth-ish-ness. I did have a go at bringing it up to a reasonable standard a few years ago, and while fun in the sense of exercising modelling skills, it was more effort than it was worth, mostly because the mould is shot to the extent I replaced the wings.

Paul.

• Like 1

IMHO it is still the best S.VII kit in this scale and it would be the best 1:72 Spad kit worldwide, had it not been for the Eduard S.XIII, which had come in just a dozen-or-so weeks earlier

Cheers

Michael

I have had two go's at the Airfix kit over the years and never been satisfied with the result. The one I built in about 1980 was from a fairly early run and it was 'disappointing' then. It is of a similar vintage to the Cessna O2 (a kit nor without its problems) and I wondered if Airfix was a problem with mould making at that time

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Spad VIIC-1 by MAC Distribution - released