Above the Karman Line GB Chat

• bianfuxia changed the title to We'll launch before Artemis does! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 8 (space, real or SciFi)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • bianfuxia changed the title to Ignition sequence start! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 7 (space, real or SciFi)
1 hour ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Airfix Saturn 1B in the stash - my record with GB's is poor due to very slow build pace but it should be simple - right?

Yes, indeed! It's a few tubes one atop the other with a cone atop them. 

You, sir, are a Steely Eyed Missile Man! 

• Like 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to Ignition sequence start! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 6 (space, real or SciFi)

I'm up for this. I have a couple of suitable ideas and, more important, the bits I need to build them.

I'd really like to do the Aires from Steven Baxter's voyage book. I don't think the Mercury Little Joe tests will qualify. Err no they won't 4.5km apogee doesn't quite cut it...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I'm up for this. I have a couple of suitable ideas and, more important, the bits I need to build them.

I'd really like to do the Aires from Steven Baxter's voyage book. I don't think the Mercury Little Joe tests will qualify. Err no they won't 4.5km apogee doesn't quite cut it...

Welcome aboard sir!

• Thanks 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to Charlie, we is down among 'em! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 5 (space, real or SciFi)

Sign me up...

...and answer a few questions. Is there a time limit or some additional group building requirements? Forgive me if I ask for the obvious, but this is the first time I'm considering participating, so I have no experience. And my poor English doesn't make it any easier 😉

I am planning to build my own version of a B-Wing (kitbash and scratch build like most of my recent work).

• Like 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to Charlie, we is down among 'em! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 4 (space, real or SciFi)
15 hours ago, voozet said:

Sign me up...

...and answer a few questions. Is there a time limit or some additional group building requirements? Forgive me if I ask for the obvious, but this is the first time I'm considering participating, so I have no experience. And my poor English doesn't make it any easier 😉

I am planning to build my own version of a B-Wing (kitbash and scratch build like most of my recent work).

Hi Voozet! I'm sorry I missed this! Sometimes I browse on my phone and I missed your post. 

A B-wing would be a welcome addition to our inter-galactic flotilla. So it remains only to say: May the Force be With Us!

How a GB works, I think there is a post somewhere but basically if we get to 30 names here, we go into "the Bunfight". This is a vote in November between all the GB ideas that got 30 names. If we survive the vote, then Enzo will assign our GB a time slot in the 2023 GB calendar. Usually a GB goes for 2-4 months I think. There may be 9 or 10 GBs in the year.

If we do become an actual GB t's all fairly informal and the focus is on having fun and sharing a build with fellow ...in our case, SPACE FANS!

• Thanks 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to 1202! GO! Go on that alarm! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 3 (space, real or SciFi)
43 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

hahaha.....:rofl:

I would need to find something 1/32nd or larger as next year iOS all huge modle/builds!

Well, if you sign up and we get through the Bunfight think of all the fun you'll have Christmas shopping for a 1/32 Macross model...it's worth signing up just for that, right? 😁🚀

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Okay, keep the chatter down in this room.

This is so cool. 

You know, between you and @trickyrichwe could be GO FOR LAUNCH...

And we could add a line to the song:

FIDO - Go!

GUIDO - Go!

ENZO - Go!

RICHO - GO! GO! GO!

Now keep the chatter down in this room.

• Haha 3

• bianfuxia changed the title to Seeking two brave souls for hazardous journey. Poor pay, no guarantee of return. But the glory, oh the glory! Above the Karman Line is at T minus 3 (space, real or SciFi)

I have 2 BanDai Starwars Snowspeeders in the stash itching to be part of a gb, are they elligible with the first (100km) line in the rules?

they have a flight ceiling of only 175 metres according to nerd sources on the web...

however thats 175 metres above another planet than earth (so maybe that passes as its over 100km above earth)?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dansk said:

I have 2 BanDai Starwars Snowspeeders in the stash itching to be part of a gb, are they elligible with the first (100km) line in the rules?

they have a flight ceiling of only 175 metres according to nerd sources on the web...

however thats 175 metres above another planet than earth (so maybe that passes as its over 100km above earth)?

Yes - a snowspeeder is totally eligible! Sure enough they fly nap-of-the-Hoth, but Hoth is what, a billion light years above the Karman Line?

Welcome aboard and I see the Imperial Fleet came out of Lightspeed too early so they're preparing a ground assault ..may the Force be With You!

4 hours ago, Dansk said:

Also - you already signed up earlier this year! 🖖🚀😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I feel like you.....really want to sign up for this GB!

All you gotta do is say, "Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal"...and you'll be welcomed into the safety and warmth of the Starship Groupbuild....

(just sayin')