Tamiya, m51 super sherman

Hewy

46 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Glynn. For me, the top one of the three photos, is not working. Imgur states the photo does not exist or is no longer available.

Thanks stix, just put the photo back up, a gremlin i suppose 👍

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 23:21, Jasper dog said:

However, still doesn't look like a Mosquito....

Honest guv, it's nearly done, 

Slight problem on the m51 ,one of the little roller wheels that go between the bogeys has gone walkabout, I've searched high and low, and even had the carpet monsters stomach's pumped out,  I've only got 2  early Sherman's left in the stash, so I have a plan to cast one from resin using that blue stuff you heat up in hot water for the mold, fingers crossed it turns out a bit like a wheel at least, and not like a random blob

On 25/04/2022 at 20:55, edjbartos said:

Tremendous work on this one, nicely built and I really like the PE work that you have done...

Ed

Thanks ed  , I find it much  easier with good ca👍

Cheers col I don't know what happened , some pictures were wiped from Imgur.

• Haha 1

On 28/04/2022 at 05:50, Hewy said:

Honest guv, it's nearly done, 

Without photos for proof! Mmm... 😜

Hope you manage to make a suitable replacement for the roller wheel.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 5:50 AM, Hewy said:

one of the little roller wheels that go between the bogeys has gone walkabout,

Do you mean the double or single rollers?  I might have a spare one somewhere.  Do you want me to have a rummage?

At the risk of being pedantic, the M51 was never called Super Sherman.  Nor was the M50.  Although they are both commonly and incorrectly called this.  There was the M1 Super Sherman.  This was a vanilla production-standard M4A1E8(76) obtained from France.  They pre-dated the M51 and all were later converted into M51s.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Do you mean the double or single rollers?  I might have a spare one somewhere.  Do you want me to have a rummage?

It was the double roller ,Apologies for the delay, fortunately the little wheel has turned up after a forensic search, it was hiding in a 1/48 mosquito box of all places, but many thanks for the offer👍

59 minutes ago, Hewy said:

It was the double roller ,Apologies for the delay, fortunately the little wheel has turned up after a forensic search, it was hiding in a 1/48 mosquito box of all places, but many thanks for the offer👍

And there you go again, the unicorn of the modelling world, Glynns Mossie!

Not suggesting that I had reason for pushing the Mossie which was obviously feeling left out!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

the unicorn of the modelling world, Glynns Mossie!

🤭, i know i know, its all finished ,going to take some photos in a bit honest, it was looking for the wheel that made me pull my finger out