Blitzbuild 2022 Part 1 Chat

Ooh, must try and line up something for it, probably a small scale AFV of some sort, I think my local toy shop had a 1/72 E50 ( basically a standardised Panther II) that could fit the bill hmm. Must check the stash too.

• Like 1

904-B54-AE-6325-4418-8576-7-DCC849-E5-D8Well I swear I went in to buy the E50 but seemed to arrive home with this :) just going to have to build it.

Actually the E50 was €20 and on looking at it again it didn’t really grab me. 

• Like 5

I'm currently in the middle of a Tempest frenzy.  Unfortunately the standard Day Fighter Scheme that most Tempests wore does not readily lend itself to a Blitzbuild.  However, after the second world war a number of Tempests wore an overall painted aluminium scheme which is ideal for a Blitzbuild.

My entry will be an Airfix 1/72 Tempest V built as a Srs I aircraft JN876 of the Metropolitan Communications Squadron in 1947.  This aircraft was assigned to Air Marshal Sir Roderick Hill, the Air Member for Training.

• Like 1

I am thinking along the lines of the Airfix 1/76 Type 97 Medium Tank Chi Ha - also a nod to the 'Turning Japanese GB' which I was looking forward to, but won't get around to participating in. 😔

• Like 1

I'm just hoping that I can join in with it.  I pulled my back quite badly on Friday.  All I can do at the moment is lie on the floor ('cos it's better for my back) and whimper piteously...   :lol:    haven't done any modelling at all over the weekend...  :fraidnot:  

• Sad 6

No bueno @Enzo Matrix.  Hope it mends up quickly.  Fortunately I've only managed to put mine out a couple times...it's certainly never fun.

Not sure if I'll be able to participate...been working almost every day for the past month and a half and still have probably another 3 weeks until the next respite.  I'll have to see if I have something silly simple...unless painting a miniature (think D&D figure) would fly.

I’m in. Luck would have it I’m not working this Sunday so you all have me and Little H to contend with over the Sat -Sun. 
 Although I’m mostly here to egg on @nimrod54 and oeuff er advice 🤣👍

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I’m in. Luck would have it I’m not working this Sunday so you all have me and Little H to contend with over the Sat -Sun. 
 Although I’m mostly here to egg on @nimrod54 and oeuff er advice 🤣👍

Oooo!! A double yolker. 🤣

• Haha 2

I plan to be in as well, of course! I have something in mind which should be doable, although I won't be able to start right away on Saturday and will be away on Sunday afternoon as well, not to mention work on Monday. However, this will not deter me and I'll enter with my usual optimism about being able to finish what I started 🙂 

• Like 4

I have a kit lined up, and my work area cleared. We'll see what happens over the weekend, as an old friend is in town for a couple of days, but plans are vague so far. Maybe I'll call in sick on Monday (NZ time) to get finished.

Cheers, Justin.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 09:28, helios16v said:

Hope it mends up quickly.  Fortunately I've only managed to put mine out a couple times...it's certainly never fun.

Thanks for the good thoughts.   The glass back has improved to the point where I can now sit in a chair without any great discomfort.  I can also move around, but it has to be slowly and carefully!  But at least I'm back to modelling! :)   It's utterly impossible to do modelling when you're lying flat on the floor.  Believe me, I've tried!  :lol:  

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Thanks for the good thoughts.   The glass back has improved to the point where I can now sit in a chair without any great discomfort.  I can also move around, but it has to be slowly and carefully!  But at least I'm back to modelling! :)   It's utterly impossible to do modelling when you're lying flat on the floor.  Believe me, I've tried!  :lol:  

Well, some people get quite a lot of modelling done on their backs Enzo...

• Haha 6

On 27/04/2022 at 09:15, psdavidson said:

I doubt they are they type of people who frequent this type of forum

But we're an accepting and welcoming enough bunch, right? 

They're the one missing out.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RevDWC said:

But we're an accepting and welcoming enough bunch, right? 

They're the one missing out.

We are very accepting, I mean where else would you let in @trickyrich in his modelling budgie smugglers & spreadsheets, @modelling minion with his special blue pills, @Rabbit Leader with his yearly power grab, @JeroenS the master trucker, and me allowed to influence you all with Egg shaped planes and Pink primer brotherhood, with @Col. @Enzo Matrix trying to keep us all on the straight and narrow, like herding a bunch of cats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

We are very accepting, I mean where else would you let in @trickyrich in his modelling budgie smugglers & spreadsheets, @modelling minion with his special blue pills, @Rabbit Leader with his yearly power grab, @JeroenS the master trucker, and me allowed to influence you all with Egg shaped planes and Pink primer brotherhood, with @Col. @Enzo Matrix trying to keep us all on the straight and narrow, like herding a bunch of cats. 

Don't forget @JOCKNEY and his whip - er, um, shouldn't have mentioned that....

• Haha 5

I might have a problem this weekend doing my build :weep: I hope I can be forgiven.

My excuse is that we are driving down to Newcastle at the weekend when our adopted Ukrainian family arrive on the ferry from the Netherlands.

They are coming to live with the Jockney clan, so wish us all luck and if I get a chance I will endeavour to do something to the Spitfire !

cheers Pat  🇺🇦

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I might have a problem this weekend doing my build :weep: I hope I can be forgiven.

My excuse is that we are driving down to Newcastle at the weekend when our adopted Ukrainian family arrive on the ferry from the Netherlands.

They are coming to live with the Jockney clan, so wish us all luck and if I get a chance I will endeavour to do something to the Spitfire !

cheers Pat  🇺🇦

Well played Sir. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1