Bristol M1C RAF 1918, 1/72nd Amodel kit.

This is a model I finished at the beginning of the year, but only just got around to photographing it. The model is one of AModel's short run kits of less common subjects and was issued in a number of versions. It is not a kit for the beginner, despite the low parts count, as it needs a fair amount of clean up and fettling to make sure the parts fit. I added some detail from scratch in the cockpit and stuff like control horns to replace the kit blobs. A seat and better Vickers gun was sourced from my boxes of Aeroclub and PE bits I have accumulated of the years.
Paints are from a set by MIG Ammo acrylics, and kit decals were used. The Aircraft may have been in PC12 or PC10 according to JM Bruce in the Windsock DataFile and I went with PC12 for a bit of a change. Rigging is Uschii van der Rosten thread with 1 mm Nickel Silver wire from Albion Alloys for the control runs

Bristol M1 05 Bristol M1 08 Bristol M1 07 Bristol M1 06 Bristol M1 09

• Like 20

You achieved some very delicate detail! I like your work with the Uschi line for the bracing wires. I never noticed how externally similar this aircraft is to the Morane-Saulnier N type, that's quite remarkable!

• Thanks 1

I think all the early monoplanes shared a similar look as the technologies were a bit limited, with pylon braced wings. The rounded fuselage and spinner does give the M1 and Morane a shared look. I was pleased with the Uschi line as I was trying to work out the best way of rigging the wings with the everything coming together on the pylon. 

• Like 1