concorde revell 1/144

Hi everyone ,just finished this one using a mix of decals from the kit and F-decals, the tail fin was painted to avoid decalling over the fairings, I had planned to use some pe parts on the undercarriages but suffered some breakages on fitting so had to concede defeat which was a shame as they would have made a nice enhancement, guess the fingers are not so nimble any more.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Cheers Michael.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  51988227312_65d8f55f28_k.jpgDSC02103 by michael hobday, on Flickr51988227072_4fdc7d5c53_k.jpgDSC02095 by michael hobday, on Flickr51988227857_d051ebaf37_k.jpgDSC02096 by michael hobday, on Flickr51989231201_af1112e5d1_k.jpgDSC02102 by michael hobday, on Flickr51989234926_8c8da7853d_k.jpg20220407_151923 by michael hobday, on Flickr51989796240_a2b20925ab_k.jpg20220407_153052 by michael hobday, on Flickr

• Like 28

Looks beautiful, and the painted tail is a great idea.

I've built that same model in the same livery. I used the decals on the tail and fortunately they went on reasonably well but I remember having to be really careful to make sure they sat well over the rudder fairings. I thought it was going to be a disaster.

I had a lot of trouble joining the wing to the fuselage. The wing was simply too long and didn't fit in the slot made for it in the fuselage. I had to shorten the centre section on the wing quite a bit. Did yours go together any better?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiseca said:

Looks beautiful, and the painted tail is a great idea.

I've built that same model in the same livery. I used the decals on the tail and fortunately they went on reasonably well but I remember having to be really careful to make sure they sat well over the rudder fairings. I thought it was going to be a disaster.

I had a lot of trouble joining the wing to the fuselage. The wing was simply too long and didn't fit in the slot made for it in the fuselage. I had to shorten the centre section on the wing quite a bit. Did yours go together any better?

Hello , yes I did have similar problems with fitting the wings ,A bit of fettling and persuading required.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers Michael.

Very nice Concorde.In my opinion the most elegant livery ever for the Concorde.

Regarding the kit.It seems it also depends on the edition.

With newer releases the moulds look pretty worn and the parts fit gets badder.

One of mine went to the bin after trying unsuccessfully to get the wing halves stay together.The seams kept breaking open and the fit was overall terrible.

The only positive thing on the actual Revell release us the superb decal sheet.

Older releases are much better to build

• Like 2

Hello , the paint I used on the exhaust nozzles was alclad duralium with a touch of black mixed in.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Cheers Michael.