Why do I bother. Chapter 3

NAVY870

Rather annoyed and needing to vent. Apologies in advance.

Try this one on: an organisation takes on some aeroplanes, one of which I know a small bit about. I convey to them that one on the aircrafts components should be treated a certain way to which the respond that I should come and join their organisation immediately.

So long story short they decided they didn't really want me after all so here's your cheque back and please feel free to sod off.

Ok whateves  I didn't really have time for another project and what I've learned since  think I dodged a bullet.

So a bit later I get a phone call, " its terrible you get treated like this  and we still really want you. By the way can you help us with this bit of info"

Bit suss but ok. Silly me, this went on for quite a few months because I'm stupid enough to believe a person's word. I had asked for a loan of their jacking adapter but got a barrage of excuses why not.

When I  got asked to write an article for them I  dared to say no and have now become something a target for some fairly nasty gossip and general trouble making . Sadly the there's not a damn thing I can do about it as they are quite cunning.

The project went ahead and is an utter travesty of an aeroplane. Leaving half the bits out and shiney paint does not a restoration make.

And while I'm having a growl what is it with some aftermarket companies?

I've jumped through hoops for some of them, climbed in dusty holes, measured loads of stuff and more than half the time it either doesn't see the light of day or its released without a thank you,  acknowledgement or a curt grunt. Then one has a whinge because I've questioned the accuracy of the base kit.

Every English company bar one have been a class act, so have the guys from the Cheque Republic ( yes I spelt that wrong) sadly for every good one there's a bad one. 

Apologies for carrying on but if I'm honest I'm more than a bit upset at being taken for a mug. It does such

Thanks.

• Sad 6

Hang in there, Steve - we humans appreciate what you do.

I suspect I know the organisation in question. Suffice it to say that if BS was music, they'd make a Wagnerian -sized orchestra ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to credit it but knowing humans as I do, no real surprise, human nature being a strange old thing at times. Take some solace in knowing that your contributions are greatly valued in this corner of the universe.

Steve.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 9:08 AM, Admiral Puff said:

Hang in there, Steve - we humans appreciate what you do.

I suspect I know the organisation in question. Suffice it to say that if BS was music, they'd make a Wagnerian -sized orchestra ...

Probably wasn't a bad guess.

Ignore the negative, accept the positive.

You gave me lots of support and information when I was building SLt Stott’s Firefly a couple of years back, which resulted in a contact from his son who had no detail on his fathers war record.  So your contribution to my build allowed a son to get more information on his father..

• Like 5