Resin Zimmerit for the Academy 1/24th Panther

spruecutter96

Hello. 

I think I might be "whistling-into-the-wind" here, but was there ever any aftermarket, resin Zimmerit produced to go on the Academy 1/24th Panther? I had a look on-line and came up with a big "nada".

Failing that, did anyone produce any generic, 1/24th Zimm sheets, so you could cut it to the required shape? 

I don't have the skills, patience or courage to use putty for this job, so resin would seem to be the way to go.  

Thanks. 

Chris. 

Thanks for the replies, folks. I have a real feeling my Panther will be built "un-Zimmed". Might have to cover it in freshly-cut foliage to add some interest. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Some early production G's had zimmerit but were not overly common later chinstraps as far as I know did not have zimmerit as they were produced when the factories were informed to stop zimmerit application. Zimmerit on a model of that size wouldn't be a difficult task in fact might be an enjoyable experience and add a layer of detail that would be pleasing to the eye..... but I get that it can be a daunting thought especially if the kit was expensive. If you do decide to give it a go then use magisculpt, it isn't a solvent based product so does not bite into the plastic underneath, meaning you can fairly easily remove if your not happy with the result, also gives you a good time frame to work so you don't have to feel rushed and can take your time to dial in the look you want...also worthy of note is that Panther zimmerit was a mess really rough and applied in a hurry at the factory...unlike the Tigers which had fairly neat application and looked neat and relatively tidy...just more scope for a bit more creativity and the freedom to not be too fussy about how it looks

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I like the idea of producing my own Zimm, I am too chicken / too impatient to actually give it a go. I know that - if it went wrong - I would have to gently prod several local wildfowl with stale baguettes as a result. And we all know how messy that got last time....

Chris.