Revell RML rerelease

Admiral Puff

Looks like the London bus is coming back, this time with brass - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10875376?utm_source=mkt&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220407_100010_rec&utm_content=10875376_more_en

I thought that it was a special for the London Olympic Games - looks like it was more popular than even Revell first thought. Bit dearer than it was the first time around, though!

• Like 2

Good to see the re-release although, crikey, that's quite a price increase considering the base kit was £49.99 first time around.

Do wish it had been a RM as opposed to the RML though. Can't help thinking that would have been a better choice.

£146 RRP in the UK, kit by itself is £73, so includes £70 of etched/metal bits? Not sure if this one includes wooden bits for the floor.

Always been tempted by this one, came close a couple of times..

1 hour ago, IT_Man said:

£146 RRP in the UK, kit by itself is £73, so includes £70 of etched/metal bits? Not sure if this one includes wooden bits for the floor.

It's certainly a nice kit with the photo etch being needed in a few places. The etch grille and radiator is a must compared to what's in the base kit. Routemasters didn't have wooden flooring. It was Treadmaster slatted flooring which was a rubber/cork compound that looked a lot like the old fashioned brown lino. On my Hachette 1/12 build, I repainted the horrible orange floor as supplied with Humbrol 110. Once weathered, it really looked the part.  

50388291088_459d7fe861_c.jpg

Steve

• Like 3

I have this in my stash.

I paid around 22 pounds for it in 2013.

The present price increases fit in with my plan of buying piles and piles of kits, and then retiring and sitting on my piles.

😯

I actually spent 3 months travelling to Kathmandu on one of these buses in 1983 (Topdeck Travel tours), sleeping and cooking and eating on it along the way.

It's fun push-starting them on a cold day!

Edited by New Tool
  • Haha 1