MiG-19S Farmer. Czechoslovak AF.

Hello all, here is the latest offering from the shed. This was a much better kit than the KP Mig 23 I made last year. Other than the cockpit area it all went together very well and I was fairly pleased with the result, my painting didn’t really do it justice though. It’s out of the box apart from the pitot which I made from brass because I snapped the plastic one, and I also put a Pavla seat in it. The plane depicted is from the 11th Fighter Regiment circa 1958 numbered 60 for a military parade.

So here’s some pics.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Its meant to have a wobbly number 60

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking'

Pete

• Like 50

That is really nice!

I do think that the 19 is one of the better looking MiG's & I think you've made a very good job of that. Must try & get mine done this year to add to my collection of silver jets.

Martin

• Thanks 1

That looks great Pete, the finish is very convincing. 👍

4 hours ago, chrisbob12 said:

What are the round, dark panels in front of the wings?

Gun blast panels, I think they are possibly stainless steel & unpainted. Many photos of these aircraft show them.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chrisbob12 said:

Nice build and convincing, thoughtful NMF! What are the round, dark panels in front of the wings?

I always just assumed that they were panels of a slightly stouter composition so they can better stand up to the vibration/muzzle flash of the 30mm cannon... but I don't know for certain. 

Pete, I agree that the NMF looks incredible! Do you use enamel washes for the panel lines?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks evryone for the comments and likes, much appreciated.

12 hours ago, chrisbob12 said:

Nice build and convincing, thoughtful NMF! What are the round, dark panels in front of the wings?

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Gun blast panels, I think they are possibly stainless steel & unpainted. Many photos of these aircraft show them.

Steve.

Steve has hit the nail on the head👍.

I didnt know how to mask an oval so I painted clear decal sheet with the darker metal shade, made a template out of paper and cut it out with scissors, then held the template against the decal sheet and carefully cut round it. It worked ok I think.  Had to do it twice though as the first time the micro set and sol completley destroyed the home made decal 😮.

9 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

That is really nice!

I do think that the 19 is one of the better looking MiG's & I think you've made a very good job of that. Must try & get mine done this year to add to my collection of silver jets

Thanks Martin, I agree, I think its a very sleek design. I wish someone would produce a !/72 kit or conversion for the PM version as that was widely used as well, and would open up further the marking options you could do.

7 hours ago, Pyradus said:

Pete, I agree that the NMF looks incredible! Do you use enamel washes for the panel lines?

Thanks very much. As I paint with enamels I use a product called Flory Wash. Its water and clay based and comes in several colours. Pretty easy to use, you slap it on, leave it to dry then wipe it off with a damp cloth or cotten bud.

6 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

That is a lovely Farmer, need to get this KP model new Mig-19s

Thanks, Yes it is a nice kit. I'm going to do some more if I can get them, there are so many schemes possible using aftermarket decal sheets. I thought I might do some African air forces for a change, loads of options there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1