Exercise Iniochos 22 in Greece

Red Dot

hi all,

I recently got back from the 4Aviation tour to Greece for Exercise Iniochos 22 held at Andravida Air Base. As you will see from the images, the weather was awful as the whole day was upset by a Saharan sand storm in the atmosphere and the light was totally flat. However, that didn't really spoil things as there was plenty of action from some rare aircraft.

I hope you enjoy this selection of photos

Andy

AW-139-Cyprus-AF-1-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-15-USAF-2-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-16-Greek-AF-19-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-16-Greek-AF-22-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-16-IAF-1-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-16-IAF-10-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-16-IAF-15-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-16-IAF-3-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-4-Greek-AF-1-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-4-Greek-AF-10-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

F-4-Greek-AF-4-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

Mirage-2000-Greek-AF-2-Sharpen-AI-Motion

Mirage-2000-Greek-AF-4-Sharpen-AI-Motion

Nachshon-Oron-IAF-3-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jp

PC-9-Slovenian-AF-1-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jp

Rafale-Greek-AF-1-Sharpen-AI-Motion.jpg

Tornado-Italian-AF-11-Sharpen-AI-Motion.

Tornado-Italian-AF-3-Sharpen-AI-Motion.j

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic stuff Andy. I'm very jealous too. And I can see why you don't bother with RIAT as the Tattoo can't compete with that lot taking to the air.

Thanks Filler.

RIAT is still a good show, but far more crowded than the air exercise spotters days. It is more a case of quality over quantity and actually getting to see the aircraft in their operational environment,

Andy

• Like 2

Great content, the Israeli's especially. I've really felt for all that went out to be greeted by such poor weather, gutting really :(

3 hours ago, spruecutter said:

A great set of pics, Andy. A very nice mix of aircraft types and nationalities. 

thanks Richard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roginoz said:

What's the white AEW [?] aircraft in Israeli markings - a new one on me.

Rog

It is called a Nachshon Oron (a Gulfsteam 550 converted for electronic intelligence gathering). It's been around for quite a bit but came into service in April 2021.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Despite the less than ideal weather and lighting, these are terrific images of a selection of rare and exotic aircraft. Great to see the Phantoms up close!

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

You know...the flat light is actually better for this kind of photography.  No glare, no shadows.  Detail pops and contrast is superb.  The photo of the Phantom taking off is superb.  Love the Israeli F-16.

Absolutely brilliant pics!!! The lighting didn't seem to affect the quality of the images. Those Greek F-16s... surely one to deter the most ardent modeller replicating the colours and camo. Definitely anti modeller paintwork. 

The Israeli F-16s with all those lumps and bumps ...somewhere under all that is a sleek jet, how can they still fly with all that drag!!!  As for the Israeli ECM type...'nuff said!  Good to see Phantoms still about and the Tornados too.   Like the AW helicopter at the top... Cyprus Air Force??? Such a variety within the Greek types too. More than the RAF!! More please.