Sabreliners by Sword

Branky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The T-39N looks to be a slightly different version. Three cabin windows, and does this one use the different nose section? (also in the other boxing's).

I already have the other two, just picked up the Navy T-39D. Fond memories of seeing these back in the 'day'. Caracal are planning some nice decal sheets for these, and although the kit decals are nice, these are tempting, too.

Can I really justify having all three Sabreliner kits? 😬 

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Interesting they use the same or similar window shape as the Caravelle. Were these only used by the U.S. navy?

Yes they are quite a distinctive shape aren't they. Adds to the classic look of the Caravelle and Sabreliner.

Used by USAF and US Navy and also a civilian biz jet version, which would be a nice option.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Build Alert.

Right Boys and Girls (can I say that?)

You will note from the sprue shots that there are are 2 cockpit assemblies, one with a one piece tub, and one you build up. Use the bulkhead without the sill step, and behind the locating rib in the starboard fuselage half - not in front of it..

You will need to reduce the overall width of whichever method you choose, they are both too wide and will need surgery. The outer rudder pedals need the corners cut off at an angle to fit the tub, and the whole thing needs cutting back and test fitting. There are also ejector pins right in line with the instrument panel, and these need removing also. There are no alignment pins in general, but the engine pylons can be fitted from the inside to make a neater job. There are 4 mainwheels supplied - use the 'extra' ones as the main sprue items have a fault.

If I find anything else, I will update this post.

Edited by bentwaters81tfw
Update
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2