277755519-441277651129834-27881960845937

277757587-441277637796502-35742809651643

277796979-441277717796494-33699778323763

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thomas V. said:

Great news, is it just me or CAD show bit longer nose than it should be.

The off-color cockpit covering might be creating the illusion of extra length.

9 hours ago, Branky said:

Sword will be releasing two new Sabreliner kits in April, a T39A and a T39D

Since they are only showing the 3D renders and box are I am guessing that they are just starting them and April and the release will be later this year. Time to sell my Anigrand T-39.

After all these years when I used to se these on my trips to those decent airshows and MIldenhalll and so on and my wish for a decent kit finally one is on the horizon..... but too late as my interest in USAF types has waned somewhat..... but, I might still go for one.

I recall a horrid vacform one by German company Airmodel.

Can hardly wait.  Too cool for words!!!  Now if they'll do a C-140 my collection of military biz-jets I've always wanted will be complete!  I've only wanted this for 25 years.  Just super!  Rock on Sword!!!

• Like 1

This news made my day. I've always liked this type a lot. Thanks Sword! I wonder if the wing slats will be seperate pieces - probably not, so I'll have a saw ready just in case.

Jay

Tried to build this with the RVHP kit. They had some nice schemes. The otherwise very nice vacform canopy was too high, stuck up above the fuselage behind. There was no way to drop the sill or reduce the height of the canopy at the bottom and still maintain accuracy so I tried building up the fuselage depth be hind it. Just couldn’t get rid of the swayback look. Gave up and substituted an Anigrand fuselage. At this point I had one very expensive Sabreliner. Kept the RVHP wings because they had the slats. Only problem there was that the slat tracks on one wing did not align at all with the recesses in the wing. The other wing was fine. Removed the slat tracks and replaced them with plastic strip on the offending wing. There were a lot of them and each had to be perfectly aligned. Life is too short!!!  All worked out in the end but where were you when I needed you SWORD?

will undoubtedly get one for a more stress free build and without needing to take out a second mortgage (already on the wish list at the big H). Wonder if the OBSCURECO resin F-100 wing could be used if slats are lacking. I believe that the Sabreliner wing was based on that of the F-100.

On 4/6/2022 at 4:28 PM, keithjs said:

Nice! Wonder if anyone will do markings for the one that was at the Northolt Nightshoot in 2013?

51986580178_8de64150be_o.jpg8559938800_461376ecc0_b by Keith, on Flickr

Yes, Keith. I saw both of them at Malmen a few years back. One flew. In fact one of them - 86002 - was still flying only a month or so ago :). It is kitted out with a load of sensors. 

Martin

On 4/7/2022 at 8:01 AM, Trenton guy said:

Tried to build this with the RVHP kit. They had some nice schemes. The otherwise very nice vacform canopy was too high, stuck up above the fuselage behind. There was no way to drop the sill or reduce the height of the canopy at the bottom and still maintain accuracy so I tried building up the fuselage depth be hind it. Just couldn’t get rid of the swayback look. Gave up and substituted an Anigrand fuselage. At this point I had one very expensive Sabreliner. Kept the RVHP wings because they had the slats. Only problem there was that the slat tracks on one wing did not align at all with the recesses in the wing. The other wing was fine. Removed the slat tracks and replaced them with plastic strip on the offending wing. There were a lot of them and each had to be perfectly aligned. Life is too short!!!  All worked out in the end but where were you when I needed you SWORD?

will undoubtedly get one for a more stress free build and without needing to take out a second mortgage (already on the wish list at the big H). Wonder if the OBSCURECO resin F-100 wing could be used if slats are lacking. I believe that the Sabreliner wing was based on that of the F-100.

Thanks for doing all that.  You're the reason we're getting a kit.  It never fails.  When someone comes close to killing themselves on a build and finishes it, that's when a company announces a new from the ground up injection molded kit!!!  I've seen this time and time again.  Thanks for all your hard won work on this.  You've made the modeling supreme sacrifice!  Cheers!  FTOSOTP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Packing and shipping is currently underway, so it should hit the shelves any day now.

Next to come will be the T-39N, which I understand to be a direct adaptation of the civil version, with longer fuselage and more pax windows.

• Like 1