Camouflage and custard. Dual Tiger Moth Build. 1/48

So you have paint for the markings? And you didn't think of painting them on straight from the beginning? Tsk-tsk. :D  :D  

Excellent recovery, Johnny - you're da man! :clap:  :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

little errors but in real life it’s loads better

The curse of macro photography. I know what you mean, but in real life my painting often looks just as bad :)

The Flory wash has really made the scheme and decals pop. Lovely.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

I would be very surprised if there were walk lines on a fabric covered wing, but stranger things have been known! Panels alongside the fuselage, as shown above, definitely, but not walk way areas marked by edge lines. That's a metal wing thing, to keep people off the thin areas fore and aft. Fabric wings are not for walking on!.

Lovely weathering too, as always!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Hey it’s Not a race. It’s all about the journey

I know, but this glacier does wish it  could be a bit more riverine, sometimes

As always 

Box on

Strickers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brandy said:

I would be very surprised if there were walk lines on a fabric covered wing, but stranger things have been known! 

It would be very difficult to get into the front cockpit especially without walking on the wing! Wooden panels either side, fabric outboard of these. See my post above and 

wispgE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, galgos said:

It would be very difficult to get into the front cockpit especially without walking on the wing! Wooden panels either side, fabric outboard of these. See my post above and 

wispgE.jpg

You missed my point. Yes, there are walkways. No, there are NOT walkway lines as seen on modern airliners and ww2 aircraft. The two are totally different.

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Brandy said:

I would be very surprised if there were walk lines on a fabric covered wing, but stranger things have been known! Panels alongside the fuselage, as shown above, definitely, but not walk way areas marked by edge lines. That's a metal wing thing, to keep people off the thin areas fore and aft. Fabric wings are not for walking on!.

Ian

Completely wrong sorry there is texture painted plywood panel on each wing bordered by 1/2” strips as walkways on a Tiger 

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Completely wrong sorry there is texture painted plywood panel on each wing bordered by 1/2” strips as walkways on a Tiger 

That is exactly what I just said! Yes, there are panels, but NO There are NOT "walkway lines" on any fabric winged aircraft - they extend outwards along the wing and are simple straight black (usually) lines marking out the edges of the wing walk areas.

This is a walkway line

633609731_d22c786729_c.jpg

You will NOT find these on a fabric winged aircraft!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Brandy said:

That is exactly what I just said! Yes, there are panels, but NO There are NOT "walkway lines" on any fabric winged aircraft - they extend outwards along the wing and are simple straight black (usually) lines marking out the edges of the wing walk areas.

This is a walkway line

633609731_d22c786729_c.jpg

You will NOT find these on a fabric winged aircraft!

Ian

Ah gotcha 👍 

however I can think off the top of my head of one fabric winged aircraft that had walkways the vickers Wellesley- including funky foot prints I remember the decals in the matchbox kit! 

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/05/2022 at 09:53, CedB said:

Well done finding the tin Johnny - was it in the last place you looked? :D

Great Flory wash, as always. Great stuff.

Always the last place. I’ve tried looking in the last place first but that never seems to work. 🥹

Thanks by the way. 😇

On 19/05/2022 at 09:54, 81-er said:

Excellent work on the washes, Johnny. I can't help on the wing walkways, but here's a shot of the Duxford Moth

Br0D0hW.jpg?1

James

Oooh she’s a beauty.

On 19/05/2022 at 11:07, Black Knight said:

This is the lower port side walk area on a civie Tigger. Its not painted lines but a very thin rubber with a grippy type grit bonded into it. Exactly the same on the starboard side

TM%2022-M.jpg

Ok. Gotcha. 👍

On 19/05/2022 at 11:43, Spookytooth said:

Well, after that catch up I am impressed sir.

Decals can be a pita at times but you have beaten the little blighters.

All looks good from here mate.

Simon.

Thanks Simon. 😀

On 19/05/2022 at 16:18, giemme said:

So you have paint for the markings? And you didn't think of painting them on straight from the beginning? Tsk-tsk. :D  :D  

Excellent recovery, Johnny - you're da man! :clap:  :clap: 

Ciao

Best of both worlds. 🤩🤩

On 19/05/2022 at 17:35, galgos said:

Much appreciated. I’ll check those next time I get stuck. 😀

On 19/05/2022 at 18:40, AdrianMF said:

The curse of macro photography. I know what you mean, but in real life my painting often looks just as bad :)

The Flory wash has really made the scheme and decals pop. Lovely.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian. I know that your paint work could never look bad. 🤩

On 19/05/2022 at 19:06, Brandy said:

Ian

Ok I think I have it sorted with the decals. Thanks. 😀

On 19/05/2022 at 19:58, HAMP man said:

I know, but this glacier does wish it  could be a bit more riverine, sometimes

As always 

Box on

Strickers

Ahh all in your own time. 🤩👍

On 19/05/2022 at 22:08, Lewis95 said:

Looks like I made it in just before the end! Great build so far Johnny 

Thanks me mon. 

On 20/05/2022 at 08:42, galgos said:

wispgE.jpg

Panels it is.

On 20/05/2022 at 18:37, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Thanks. That is what he said though. I think. Yes. That. 😀

On 20/05/2022 at 19:00, bigbadbadge said:

They are looking rather lovely Johnny, great job with the wash

Chris

Why thank you sir. 😀

Thanks for all the kind words and help with the strips. 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 4

Good evening.

Hope you’ve all had a splendid weekend?

Not a lot of time at the bench for me as I’ve had to go shopping for a new car. The Landy is alas no more. 🥺 The beast has pushed the garage fix it budget into triple figures which is more than he’s worth so…🫣🥹 

I’ll be sad to see him go but with 221,000 miles on the clock it’s time to stop throwing money at him.

As much as I hate looking for second hand cars we seemed to have found one at the first garage we visited. ☺️ Certainly not “The Beast” but exactly what we need for the next few years until Electric becomes a little more affordable. We exchange on Thursday. 🚙❤️

Back to the moths! 

Thanks for all the help regarding the walk ways. Looking at the red Xs on the Camo moth in the ref shots I decided to use the decals. One of each. 
So the red No Step on here.

52091991511_673c6c2c8c_b.jpg

And your simple black strip on here.

52092009558_a2e28f8930_b.jpg

I’ll pop a flory wash over them before the top coat just to bring them in line.  Hopefully I’ll get more done during next week. 

Right, time for bed.

Happy modelling you lot.

Johnny

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Nice modelling Johnny :)

Glad you got the car sorted. Sad to see the Landie going but all good things have their day :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CedB said:

Glad you got the car sorted. Sad to see the Landie going but all good things have their day :( 

Likewise, on both accounts :)  What car did you get, in the end? 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CedB said:

Or you can obstinately refuse to look common sense in the face and go and get it fixed up anyway.

Triumph Driver of Mars 👽

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, Martian said:

Or you can obstinately refuse to look common sense in the face and go and get it fixed up anyway.

You can tell the Martian owns a TR7 from that comment alone!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

In my minds eye, a place only the brave should look, I have Martian driving a sensible Triumph Dolomite 1300

Box on

Strickers

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Ced. ☺️ Yes it’s a shame. One day I’ll have that Defender, and I can tinker to my hearts content. 

14 hours ago, giemme said:

Likewise, on both accounts :)  What car did you get, in the end? 

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio. 
We went for a Renault Captur.

I like the look and it’s quite new 2018 so it’s a clean enough engine for the Birmingham clean air zone. 

Picking it up on Thursday. ❤️

9 hours ago, Martian said:

Triumph Driver of Mars 👽

I’ve been doing that for a while now. Living in denial that “this” repair will be the last for While. It never is. 🫣🥹

9 hours ago, Brandy said:

You can tell the Martian owns a TR7 from that comment alone!

Ian

I love TR 7s never owned one but it was my favorite toy car as a kid. Looked like a space ship. 🚀

3 hours ago, HAMP man said:

In my minds eye, a place only the brave should look, I have Martian driving a sensible Triumph Dolomite 1300

Box on

Strickers

😄 nice. 

I got some bits and bobs done tonight but I’ll wait until I have a bit more done until I post up. 

thanks for the kind words.

J

• Like 5

10 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

We went for a Renault Captur

Hours of endless fun working out the electrics, the French plough their own furrow where wires are concerned.

If I recall correctly the TR7 was described as the R sent of Mann by one reviewer, looks brill from the front, but a bit Gannet esk from the back. 

Box on

Strickers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, HAMP man said:

In my minds eye, a place only the brave should look, I have Martian driving a sensible Triumph Dolomite 1

Box on

Strickers

Those that know me will testify that there is no chance of me doing anything as sensible as that!

Wibble 👽

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, HAMP man said:

If I recall correctly the TR7 was described as the R sent of Mann by one reviewer, looks brill from the front, but a bit Gannet esk from the back. 

Blasphemer! Burn the heretic! :jump_fire:

Grievously Offended of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

The R sent qoute might have been Ckarkson and was about the same time as the Jacob Bronowski series on tele.

No offence intended, I am sensing a strong anthromorphic vibe here.

Original or three and half?

Interested of Wales 🏁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Like 3